24 hour chart not showing all points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 hour chart not showing all points

I have been running mcsTemp with a Temp08 for a little over 24 hours now. The 24 hour chart doesn't show all of the data points. The 6 hour chart does show all of the data points.

HS 1.6.150
    mcsTemp 4.16.3
    Attached Files

I have turned on "show data points for temperature lines" and now I see the data points. Reading the man it seems that it doesn't show a line when data points are missing. Does this mean I am missing several data points? I have had it running solid for the past 12 hours with no restarts.
    Attached Files

Comment

Can't figure out how to post multi images in one post. Here is my 6 hour chart.
      Attached Files

Comment

On a 640x480 screen it was usually the case that one or more samples existed for each x-axis pixel. When the screen size is increased then this may no longer be the case for 24 hour displays. In the 6 Hr case I connected points because if was too sparse otherwise.

My original rationale, I think, that I wanted to know visually when data was missing. If I always connect points then this would mask the missing data. I'm thinking now that this may not be that important since there are other ways to detect when the sampling stops.

What you are showing is totally normal and nothing wrong with your sampling or setup of the plugin. In a future update I will address the auto connection of points for all time scales.

Comment

Working...
        X