Control Two lights as one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Two lights as one

Hi, I have a kitchen with light switches operating separate lights across the room from each other. It's very annoying as they're all can lights, and without all of them on, you don't really have much light.
    I have them set up with a Motion Sensor because I had oscillating strobe lights when I tried to synchronize them code wise.

Is there a way to link these lights together in a group or virtual switch?

I just read a post and set them up like this pic, but I haven't tested the operation of these events as of yet.
    Pic attached
    Attached Files

Looking at the events, they should work if both lights are on or off. If they ever get out of sync the events won't work until you get them back in sync.

Another way would be something along these lines

ON Event
    IF Kitchen Motion Sensor changes and becomes Motion
    AND IF 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 1 has a value equal to Off

OR IF Kitchen Motion Sensor changes and becomes Motion
    AND IF 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 2 has a value equal to Off

Then Remove Delayed Device Actions for: 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 1
    Then Remove Delayed Device Actions for: 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 2

Then Set Kitchen Lights 1 to On
    Then Set Kitchen Lights 2 to On

OFF Event
    IF Kitchen Motion Sensor changes and becomes No Motion
    AND IF 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 1 has a value equal to On

OR IF Kitchen Motion Sensor changes and becomes Motion
    AND IF 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 2 has a value equal to On

Then Remove Delayed Device Actions for: 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 1
    Then Remove Delayed Device Actions for: 1st Floor Kitchen Lights 2

Then Set Kitchen Lights 1 to Off after a delay of 5m, 0s
    Then Set Kitchen Lights 2 to Off after a delay of 5m, 0s

They also will not both come on if you turn one on manually. A set of events could sync them up, exclusive of the motion control and they would also sync with motion control. You could do this with HomeSeer triggers and actions or (my preference) an Easy Trigger "Set Device to Another Device". These events will work very well on binary switches, but can be problematic on dimmers that are slow to update status.

Easy Trigger Event 1
    IF Kitchen Lights 1 has a value that just changed
    Then set Kitchen Lights 2 to Kitchen Lights 1

Easy Trigger Event 1
    IF Kitchen Lights 2 has a value that just changed
    Then set Kitchen Lights 1 to Kitchen Lights 2
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I tried linking the switches together if one became on to turn the other one on and off. I didn't do it the way you did it, but it got into an oscillating strobe show let me tell you!
      I'll try your way.

Comment

I downloaded Spud's Easytrigger plugin. I'm not seeing any commands show up in the event construct drop downs. I wonder if I need to restart Homeseer? I'm out of town, and I don't think it has a software restart button. How do I map two devices using Easytrigger?

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
          I downloaded Spud's Easytrigger plugin. I'm not seeing any commands show up in the event construct drop downs. I wonder if I need to restart Homeseer? I'm out of town, and I don't think it has a software restart button. How do I map two devices using Easytrigger?
          you should not have to restart HS, you should just have to start the EasyTrigger plugin, then at the end of the dropdown lists for triggers/conditions/actions you should see new entries like in the screenshots in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173836

Comment

I have everything from Easytrigger showing up now.

ok, so take away the motion sensor. I have a switch on either side of the room that controls half of the lights each. is there any way to make each switch turn all of the lights on?

Comment

Working...
            X