Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraGCIR3 plugin no longer seeing IP2IR device (iHelp app does)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraGCIR3 plugin no longer seeing IP2IR device (iHelp app does)

This was working, then just stopped recently (not sure if related to an HS3 upgrade as on v304.) Global Cache IP2IR-P via Ethernet, same subnet.

Code:
    Name:	UltraGCIR3
    Version:	3.0.6132.16975
    Running on Windows 10, and the iHelp app for Windows sees the device if I run it from the Homeseer box. I know the UltraGCIR3 plugin is running as I can't run the iHelp at the same time as it says it's already bound listening to the port listening for broadcasts.

Any thoughts?

Please shutdown iHelp if it's running, then restart your computer. Once HomeSeer restarts, check to see if you get a firewall prompt for UltraGCIR3.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Please shutdown iHelp if it's running, then restart your computer. Once HomeSeer restarts, check to see if you get a firewall prompt for UltraGCIR3.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      If you didn't add any custom firewall rules, then you can also just reset the rules to defaults, then restart HomeSeer. You should then see a prompt for each HomeSeer plug-in attempting to listen for network connections on your HomeSeer system.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Also make sure you're not running HomeSeer's global cache plug-in. I am not 100% certain they set their program to allow shared use of the UDP port.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply; no firewall running at all. No HS plugin either. I stopped your plugin so I could run ihelp, and attached the output, so the HS3 windows box can see it ok (it showed up pretty quickly after launching the app).
          Attached Files

Comment

I am sorry I missed your reply. Did you ever figure this out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              I am sorry I missed your reply. Did you ever figure this out?
              No worries; it resolved itself after a couple of weeks. I think I may have updated HS a couple times as well, but not sure if related or not. Was really really strange as iHelp app saw it fine.

Comment

Working...
              X