NodeMcu and pwm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NodeMcu and pwm

I am new to this plugin and am trying it.
    I have some Wemos devices and add one of them , put code in it and now i can switch a relais On and Off. Works perfect.
    With another wemos i want to make a dimmer device to dimm a ledlight , but when i add a device and select NodeMcu as type, then the Pwm tab disappears in the setup.
    So i cant make a dimmer/pwm device.
    Is this a restriction of the plugin, or is it possible in another way?
    Plugin is latest beta 1.0.0.141 On Hs3/Windows 10.

Egbert

Originally posted by egbertje View Post
    I am new to this plugin and am trying it.
    I have some Wemos devices and add one of them , put code in it and now i can switch a relais On and Off. Works perfect.
    With another wemos i want to make a dimmer device to dimm a ledlight , but when i add a device and select NodeMcu as type, then the Pwm tab disappears in the setup.
    So i cant make a dimmer/pwm device.
    Is this a restriction of the plugin, or is it possible in another way?
    Plugin is latest beta 1.0.0.141 On Hs3/Windows 10.

Egbert
    Greig has not added PWM or OneWire to the NodeMCU. I think he said one or both would be added some time in the future, when he has the time.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Support for the nodeMCU was only recently added. The plugin was originally written for the Arduino family of boards. There are several variations of inputs and outputs that work on the Arduinos but have not yet made it into the nodeMCU version.

In ver 141, there is now a variation of the sketch that exposes APIs to you and you can code for the actual hardware interface yourself and then use the APIs to get values from a HS3 device or to set values for a HS3 device. There is a help file that explains it better than I.

I have been anxious to get more input/output options and am hoping the API sketch will work for me. I'll start testing it in a couple of weeks. Vacation comes first.

Comment

Would love to see the analog input exposed, any ideas if this is on the roadmap?

Comment

Thanks for answers. Hope to see in a future update the support of PWM for the nodeMCU. For now im trying the little Wemos d1 devices and gonna read the help file

Comment

I read a lot but dont know where to start.
            Is there somebody who can give me a start of how to begin to make an PWM output on a NodeMCU device?
            So what code do i have to add to the standard NodeMcu sketch or to the Api sketch?
            I dont have the skills to make this otherwise i have to wait if this is ever implemented in the future of this plugin.

Comment

Working...
            X