Best way to update LCD with NodeMCU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to update LCD with NodeMCU?

I just got the ESP hardware running with the LCD.
    Right now from a script I update the device string associated with the LCD line, then I tell it to send the screen with that device in the event.

Is there a direct way from a script to send a string to a particular LCD line I am not seeing?

Thank you all.
    Attached Files

~Bill

Bill,

Try setting the device value to 100 as this should send the text set in the string to the device. I have not checked the cod but I think this is what I did.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thank you so much. I'll give it a shot tonight.

~Bill

Comment

Just did a quick test and you will need to use CAPI and "Send" is the command you need.

I would add this function to your script:

Code:
        Function CallCAPI(ByVal intDevRef As Integer, ByVal strDevCmd As String) As CAPIControlResponse
            CallCAPI = CAPIControlResponse.Indeterminate
            For Each objCAPIControl As CAPIControl In hs.CAPIGetControl(intDevRef)
                If LCase(objCAPIControl.Label) = LCase(strDevCmd) Then
                    CallCAPI = hs.CAPIControlHandler(objCAPIControl)
                    Exit For
                End If
            Next
        End Function
        Then all you need to do is call the function with the required info like this:

Code:
        CallCAPI(1275,"Send")
        I hope this helps you.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

This is the one that worked - thank you

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Just did a quick test and you will need to use CAPI and "Send" is the command you need.

I would add this function to your script:

Code:
          Function CallCAPI(ByVal intDevRef As Integer, ByVal strDevCmd As String) As CAPIControlResponse
              CallCAPI = CAPIControlResponse.Indeterminate
              For Each objCAPIControl As CAPIControl In hs.CAPIGetControl(intDevRef)
                  If LCase(objCAPIControl.Label) = LCase(strDevCmd) Then
                      CallCAPI = hs.CAPIControlHandler(objCAPIControl)
                      Exit For
                  End If
              Next
          End Function
          Then all you need to do is call the function with the required info like this:

Code:
          CallCAPI(1275,"Send")
          I hope this helps you.

Greig.

~Bill

Comment

Glad to help. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Working...
            X