Alarm System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm System

Hello to all of you I want to buy an alarm system that is compatible with homeseer which system dsc is compatible? And the gocontrol model 2GIG-CNTRL2
    Is it compatible

thank you very much!

Alarm System

Originally posted by Punisher666 View Post
    Hello to all of you I want to buy an alarm system that is compatible with homeseer which system dsc is compatible? And the gocontrol model 2GIG-CNTRL2

Is it compatible

thank you very much!

Comment

What model do you have?

Comment

I'm not very familiar with the envisalink option but also look in to the AD2USB device option to hook up to your alarm.....its directly wired to alarm panel. It works great with a Honeywell alarm system. I have a vista 20P board

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher666 View Post
          Hello to all of you I want to buy an alarm system that is compatible with homeseer which system dsc is compatible?
          I use DSC PC1832 with the IT-100 card. It's very reliable. The HS DSC plugin has the most features and is stable. Once you set it up, you don't have to mess with it again.

- Robert

Comment

I have DSC with the envisalink and it works really well. I replaced my vivint alarm (Go Control) as soon as I could because of a few things... vivint is a horrible company with poor customer service and shady practices being the main one.

Also Go Control though it has zwave function, it can only control devices assigned to it. Adding it as a secondary controller does nothing and also it doesn't pass the alarm sensor data (they are not zwave).

Comment

I installed a DSC PC1864 with an RFK5564 wireless receiver/keypad and an Envisalink EVL-4 IP interface. All of my motion detectors, glass break detectors and many door sensors are hard wired. The rest of my doors and all windows have wireless sensor.

The Envisalink interface with Spud's plug-in connects the DSC to HS with an IP connection. The Envisalink board can also be used for monitoring through Eyez-on. Eyez-on offers some free services and various levels of paid monitoring and you can check the alarm status through a web link.

The DSC system has been flawless as has the interface between it and HomeSeer. I use motion sensors connected through the panel to control lights and it is very responsive. The wireless sensors are supervised and have a claimed 5-year life on a CR2032 battery. They are so thin and small they are barely noticeable.

Two years in I remain very happy with the purchase.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have a 2gig Go! control panel..Like the post above..it's very limited..I use it as a secondary controller. I have 2 lamp modules linked to both controllers 1 monitor (on/off - arm/disarm) and another to monitor if the alarm is tripped..I created a rule on the Go! panel if the alarm is tripped to turned on the module that monitors that tripped status..On HS I created an event if the module that monitors that tripped status to send me an alert to my phone.

Comment

Elk M1 Gold
                  Badda Book Badda Boom

Stuart

Comment

Yep, vote # 2 for ELK. I have two running for over 12 years with alarm monitoring. I really like the simple two way API.
                    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Here utilize a Leviton Omni Pro 2 (X2) with central station monitoring (Next Alarm) over 10 years and no issues to date.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X