External Hard Drive on a Pro-100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Hard Drive on a Pro-100?

Hi folks, I am still trying to get my new Pro-100 together but I have run into a couple of snags that I hope one of you smart guys can help me with. I want to use WMP with the Maestro Music plugin. I obviously do not have room on the Pro-100 for my 4 gigs of music so I attached an external USB hard drive. I directed "My Documents" to the hard drive and all seemed fine until I rebooted. The computer was once again looking at the empty "My Documents" folder on drive C and would no longer boot up as long as the external drive was attached. Maybe I have to save these changes to the hard drive? I am just a little scared to "commit" too many changes to drive C. I imagine the reason for HSProtect is to protect the operating system from people like me! Anyone know if I can even run an external hard drive off the Pro-100?
    I have been struggling with this one for a couple of days now. I have loaded the maestro Core/lighting, then the Maestro Music. The Lighting module works great, but I cannot get to the "Maestro Configuration Tool". At the top of the page it says "Please wait while the Maestro Configuration Tool loads" but it never does. I have installed Flash 7 andI am running IE 6.0. Thanks for any help you can offer. I will be glad to get onto the downhill side of this learning curve! Jim

I can't help you with the Pro-100 question but if it's the beta of the Maestro Core you have installed, if doesn't let you get to the config for some reason. You can manually edit the ini file to make the one change that the config does. In the config directory you'll find a maestro.ini file. It defaults to itunes for it's player. You just need it to read player=wmplayer instead of player=itunes. Thats pretty much all the config does, any other setting are done from within maestro.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
    X