Somfy ZRTSI Zwave to RTSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is HS3 working for "My" Button

I just installed 8 Somfy RTS TILT motors in my Home Office to control blinds that cover 3 walls. I have all of the RTS motor Limits set and the "My" button brings them to a 50% Tilt position, to let light in.

I am looking at the "Z-Wave to Radio Technology Somfy Interface (ZRTSI): Cat. No. 1811265", however, if I can't get it to replicate the "My" command or an alternative way to get it to a 50% Tilt, it will be of no value to me.

Can you let me know if you have gotten this to work and if so can you provide details.

Comment

Never got mine to work. See my post from 2013.

Mine is sitting in a box somewhere right now.

But I haven't tried it on Homeseer3. Are you on HS2 or HS3?

Maybe its worth the effort to bug Homeseer again about this. They werent interested a few years ago.

Comment

Mine is working well, but no "my button" functionality. I can do up/down/stop.

Comment

I also believe -- if memory serves -- that it's more of a device issue than an HS3 issue. That is, I had worked with HST in the past to implement the stop functionality, but there is no comparable functionality offered by the device to mimic the stop button. And the device also doesn't report status.

Comment

Mike,
            I'm not clear from your last two posts. It seems in one post that you can stop the blind, but in 2nd post that you can't?
            Also, would you be able to create virtual devices to represent the up/stop/down and to show HS status that way?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I do have stop working. But I don't have the my button working in terms of getting it to a preset position.

The values are 0 for up, 100 for down, and 255 for stop.

I believe I wrote a length post a year ago or so detailing the process I used.

Comment

See my post above from 2015 -- no virtual device, rather for the "binary" switch, you just add a third status/control value of 255 for stop.

Note that if the shade is completely up, and you press stop, the status will now show stop.

I had been thinking of getting some reed switches at the bottom and the top, so that it could sense all the way up, all the way down, or somewhere in-between.

Comment

Thanks Mike. I have a quotation coming today. It will be interesting to see how Somfy compares to Rollertrol from a cost standpoint now that Rollertrol won't sell the RFX.

Comment

I was able to solve this problem differently. When I added another button to my binary, the value 255 did not stop the movement but only moved the blinds to the "UP" state.

Here is what I did:
                    1. Under device management, Delete the Binary control (optional)
                    2. Click on the Multilevel device
                    3. Click on Status Graphics
                    3. Delete the controls for the slider (optional)
                    4. Add a New Single Value where
                    Value=1255
                    Status=Stop
                    Control Use=Not Specified
                    Row=1
                    Column=3
                    Status-Control=Control

Now, you'll have to build events that move the blinds and stop them with delays.

Comment

Bentrice,

I was finally able to add a stop following your instructions! Nicely done! At first I thought the 1255 was a typo, but it sure works just fine.

Thanks!

Comment

This is great! I started this thread in January 2012.
                        I followed the instructions above and now as advertised, the stop button works!

If the shade is moving and I press stop, it stops at that position.
                        If the shade is not moving and I press stop, it moves to the preset MyButton position!

I will set up some events to move the shades to the preset positions and also for control with HSTouch.
                        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

OK, not super pretty but my HSTouch screen that works well for me.
                          I updated the shades as below.

If you click on the individual shade icon, it changes the direction i.e. moves up or down depending on where the shade is at.

I finally now have stop. If you press the red button for the given shade, it will stop the movement. If the shade isn't already moving, it will move to the "My Position".

(The picture is the cover.jpg from Jazz 88.3 Now Playing)

Sweet!
                          Attached Files
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

It looks like I can use the Somfy ZRTSI II with Bali motorized shades? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bentrice View Post
                              I was able to solve this problem differently. When I added another button to my binary, the value 255 did not stop the movement but only moved the blinds to the "UP" state.

Here is what I did:
                              1. Under device management, Delete the Binary control (optional)
                              2. Click on the Multilevel device
                              3. Click on Status Graphics
                              3. Delete the controls for the slider (optional)
                              4. Add a New Single Value where
                              Value=1255
                              Status=Stop
                              Control Use=Not Specified
                              Row=1
                              Column=3
                              Status-Control=Control

Now, you'll have to build events that move the blinds and stop them with delays.
                              Curious, how did you figure out the value of 1255?
                              Works great.
                              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Why wouldn't I use this:

RFXCOM transceiver:

http://www.rfxcom.com/epages/7816546...Products/14103

instead of the z-wave unit? It seems to be half the price (including the homeseer plugin) and it looks like the range is better? Plus this transceiver can be used to add other devices to homeseer.

Comment

Working...
                                X