No announcement yet.

HSTouch Clients and DLNA Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another questions regarding HSTouch and the list_box option. I am not sure if this is the plugin's problem or if it is HSTouch or if it is JRiver. I am trying to setup a list box to scroll through all the audio. Below are some snapshots of what I am trying to do and what I am seeing.

In HSTouch I am associating the list box with the music selector from DNLA and using the homeserver:gameroom selector.

This is what I it set to do on "action when pressed"

This is shown on the android client and you can see it is showing the different genres:

Then if I click on one of the genres it goes to a blank screen:

Here I selected albums and it lists them:

Then if I click on one of the selections it lists nothing:

I can go to the main homeseer computer and browse JRiver through Artists, Genre, etc and it lists everything as I click on the specific link so it seems JRiver has it mapped, it just isnt pulled into the android client.

Do you have any wisdom on this?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
      I have another questions regarding HSTouch and the list_box option. I am not sure if this is the plugin's problem or if it is HSTouch or if it is JRiver. I am trying to setup a list box to scroll through all the audio. Below are some snapshots of what I am trying to do and what I am seeing.

In HSTouch I am associating the list box with the music selector from DNLA and using the homeserver:gameroom selector.

I can go to the main homeseer computer and browse JRiver through Artists, Genre, etc and it lists everything as I click on the specific link so it seems JRiver has it mapped, it just isnt pulled into the android client.

Do you have any wisdom on this?

Thanks.
      As far as I can remember, you should not set the action when pressed to anything. Setting the tracking to Music selector has all functions hardcoded in HSTouch ...

Dirk

Comment

I removed the "actions when selected" but it still only lists the first folder contents.

I'm going to keep changing things to see if I can get it to work.

Comment

I removed the "actions when selected" but it still only lists the first folder contents.

Turn the plugin's debug flag on and capture the log when you try to navigate through content. It could be that the DB cannot be established properly, in that case, I need you to leave the debug flag on, go to the HS status page, click on the "build DB" button for the DLNA server device.

Post the log, so we can see what is happening. If JRMC is not supporting DLNA search functions properly, than it won't work. However, there are a ton of free DLNA servers that you can use that DO work so that would be an alternative.

Dirk

Comment

Which version of the PI are you currently using?
            If you see transport errors when you instruct the PI to (re)construct the music DB, go to the DLNA config page, set the # UPnP Elements to 50 if you are running this on XP and 999 if running on Win7. If the # 999 still gives errors, try a lower number like 400 and see how that goes. Don't forget to save the changes!

Dirk

Comment

I am seeing transport errors every once in a while...I am on .40 version.

I will turn on all the flags and post the log.

Comment

I was just about to post this photo when I saw your replies if it helps or not:

I can choose any of them and they see the genre and album but doesn't display anything after that. I tried default and it wouldn't recognize even the genres.

Comment

This is the log before I built the database just to get it out there. I will build the database then try again. Before I ran this, I changed the number to 999 since homeseer computer is win7.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/xtobbtf7aoa...20database.txt

Comment

Building the database worked!

Here is the log if you want to see anything regarding it.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/0nctp9hb5tu...20database.txt

Comment

Building the database worked!

Here is the log if you want to see anything regarding it.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/0nctp9hb5tu...20database.txt
                      Does HST now work? Because the tracks part of the DB is the largest part, I suspect that was failing to be created and therefore your navigation got impeded. So all OK now (can't open dropbox attachment from this PC)?

Dirk

Comment

Not sure it is totally up yet but I can get past the previous road blocks of not being able to see anything after albums and Genres were selected. It doesn't seem like it is showing correctly all the time but it is a start. I have over 20,000 songs so maybe the database isn't totally setup yet?.?.?

Comment

Not sure it is totally up yet but I can get past the previous road blocks of not being able to see anything after albums and Genres were selected. It doesn't seem like it is showing correctly all the time but it is a start. I have over 20,000 songs so maybe the database isn't totally setup yet?.?.?
                          The last log you posted looks all OK. I see all the info retrieved and stored, I see you navigate and select and the player, playing.

So what is not working exactly? I do want to point out that HST is far from a good interface to navigate large libraries so make absolutely sure you have the latest HS server and Android client versions installed (look in the forum, HS server is .69, not sure what the Android client is but that should be on the updater)

Dirk

Comment

I have the latest software installed. I think maybe I am wrong on what I expect to see when I select different things, for example:

This is what would essentially be screen 0:

This is selecting Genre(appears ok since it lists all genres):

This is when I select "adult alternative." This seems to be incorrect to me. I expect a list of all the audio with this genre label but maybe that is not the correct way of thinking:

This is when I select "all artists". To me, this should list all the artists??

This is when I select "all albums". This appears to be only Enya's album.

The software plays the song I selected:

Again, maybe I think it should list all the different audio in each genre but that might be incorrect.

When I select "all tracks" from the original screen, I can see every track. When I select "all albums" i can scroll through all albums. It is only when I go into the specific selections like genre. Actually just tried it and it is really only going through the genre selection where I think I should see something different. It could be something with JRiver assigning the genres and not doing it correctly. That is what I will check next.

Comment

Yep looks like it was JRiver assigning categories. Enya was the only artist under adult contemporary. I shouldn't question your plug-in!

I now have a lot of tracks to go through and update their genres and any other meta data needing updating.

Comment

Yep looks like it was JRiver assigning categories. Enya was the only artist under adult contemporary. I shouldn't question your plug-in!

I now have a lot of tracks to go through and update their genres and any other meta data needing updating.
                                Don't you love it when the SW does what it was programmed to do but the outcome is not what you expect .....

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X