No announcement yet.

New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they upgraded the firmware from 204 to 210, they almost completely re-wrote the interface and I had to re-write the plugin (with Brady's help).

Because of this, I simply put in a warning saying that the firmware you are using is not the exact same as what the plugin was built for - doesn't mean it won't work it just means that a function or two might break depending on what changed between 210 and 212. In about a weeks time I'm planning to re-review and do a few updates to the plugin - add a log function and add some buttons to the program devices.

I might delete the firmware warning as a few people have been confused by it.
    Let me know if you have any feature requests - I'll roll it into the changes. The new version will also be linux compatible (see above posts).

Happy to see the plugin being used!!!
    Cheers.
    Matt.
    Last edited by Mattyjee; February 28, 2015, 07:01 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Comment

OpenSprinkler has released a firmware update (2.1.3).

I don't suggest installing it, because this change will likely break the plugin.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm currently working on an update.
        I have added a "disable" "enable" and "run once" button to each program.
        I have also upgraded my Firmware to 2.13 and tested the new MD5 hash password. If I've done things correctly, the plugin should detect your firmware and format the password appropriately.
        I have added a log feature to the config webpage - this will show the last 300 (or 4 weeks) of status changes detected or commands sent from homeseer to Opensprinkler. Disclaimer: this will show up some junk until you've had 4 weeks to clean out the current log entires.

The new plugin (to be released shortly) will be linux compatible and will work for all Opensprinkler platforms with firmware between 210 and 213+.

I'm still to do two more things before formally publishing the new version:
        Alter station status text so it can display "Queued" and "Disabled".

Let me know if any of you have any last minute requests.

Also if anyone would like to Beta test this for me before formally releasing then please overwrite your current HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe with the one attached (keep a backup of your old incase you have issues - you will have no issues if you roll back). If you do this, please give me feedback including platform (Win or Linux), OS Firmware, and specific error messages encountered.

Edit - beta .exe removed as new version posted later...

Cheers.
        Matt.
        Last edited by Mattyjee; March 13, 2015, 12:37 AM. Reason: Added beta .exe for testing

Comment

Can this work on the Zee??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
            Can this work on the Zee??
            Yes, I believe so (although haven't tested). Not the version that is currently in the downloader though. If you want, you can install the version in the downloader and then overwrite the .exe file with the one in the post above - alternatively wait about a week and a new version which should be zee compatible will be in the downloader.

Cheers.
            matt.

Comment

Hm. . .would be glad to overwrite it, but on the Zee there is no web interface for adding plugins. . .so not sure how I would load the first files.

Comment

Running HS3 xxx on a Windows 7 box, OpenSprrinkler 2.1.2

tested the beta on my system, I don't see any of the new buttons though.

Will upgrade my OpenSprinkler this weekend and test on that...unless you want me to test something more before I upgrade

I am off season for sprinkling so this is a good time for me to test things.
                HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Techfan - How do you put plugins on the zee then?

Misraels - The buttons should be there but you will have to close and reload the device management page to see the changes. The page won't automatically refresh major changes like that.

The two main things I can't test here is a) using a linux platform) and b) using more than a single Opensprinkler (ie expansions). If anyone has success or otherwise with this please let me know. I'm also simply interested in who is using this plugin!

I've sent this off to get updated in the official updater now. For anyone impatient, here is the final version I have published (make sure you have current version installed and then overwrite .exe file with this one).

Cheers.
                  Matt.

Edit - file removed - see new version later in thread.
                  Last edited by Mattyjee; March 14, 2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

It might be possible to manually load plugin files, but I haven't gotten to load any unbundled plugins yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Quick forum search suggests that no 3rd party plugins can be installed on the zee - only the ones it comes with.

Comment

Misraels - The buttons should be there but you will have to close and reload the device management page to see the changes. The page won't automatically refresh major changes like that.
                        I have reloaded the device management page a couple times, even did a full restart of the server and hs, and even deleted the devices and had your plugin recreate them. No luck...no buttons.

As a note, my version is showing as 1.1.1.17 on the Manage Plugins page, is this the right version?
                        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Matt,

I've installed the 1.2.0.0 beta on my 24 zone system running FW v2.1.2.

All the stations show Comms Fail on the device management page. However, if I enter an "On for:" value and Submit, the station runs. It appears that it just isn't getting status for the stations.

All other data appears correct and all other controls function as expected.

Also, I get the following in the log every time OS is polled:
                          Mar-13 5:04:51 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.

Comment

misraels - can you please send me a screenshot of your device management page with Opensprinkler. I'm not 100% sure what you're describing. Remember it will only show up the program devices if you actually have programs scheduled - otherwise no programs = no program devices and no program buttons.

Brady - I had that error in my testing and in fact it was the very last thing I was doing. I fixed it for my system but was not 100% convinced it would work with expansion boards as the OpenSprinkler API documentation did not go into enough detail - I had to make an assumption. Can you please type http://<ipaddress>/jc , js, jn, jo and jp into your web browser (you know what I mean) and send me the response texts. Yours will be slightly different to mine due to the extra boards and I can then make sure the code is compatible.
                            If you have trouble needing the MD5 hash password, simple enable "ignore password" and then you don't need the ?pw=xxx bit of the call.

Thanks!
                            Cheers

Comment

jc

{"devt":1426274719,"nbrd":3,"en":1,"rd":1,"rs":1,"rdst":1426 522261,"loc":"MyCity, TX","wtkey":"9bd030y43a18e52de","sunrise":460,"sunset":1176, "sbits":[0,0,0,0],"ps":[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0]],"lrun":[23,99,13,1426263394]}

js

{"sn":[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"nstations":24}

jn

{"snames":["Street","Off. ","Side by AC","Back Windows","Weeping Wall","Retaining Wall","Grove","Grove Balance","Back Left Beds","Back Right","Driveway","Feeders-Septic","Pool Eq.-Gate","Behind Pool","Back Left Lawn","Street-Fence","North Side","South Side","Back Rt. Drive","Back Rt. Cem.","Back Center","Back Lt. Slope","Master BR","Empty"],"masop":[255,255,255],"ignore_rain":[0,0,128],"act_relay":[0,0,0],"stn_dis":[0,0,0],"rfstn":[0,0,0],"stn_seq":[255,255,255],"maxlen":16}

jo

{"fwv":212,"tz":28,"ntp":0,"dhcp":0,"ip1":192,"ip2":168,"ip3 ":0,"ip4":81,"gw1":192,"gw2":168,"gw3":0,"gw4":1,"hp0":80,"h p1":0,"hwv":21,"ext":2,"sdt":10,"mas":0,"mton":0,"mtof":0,"u rs":0,"rso":0,"wl":8,"den":1,"ipas":0,"devid":0,"con":110,"l it":100,"dim":15,"rlp":0,"uwt":1,"ntp1":204,"ntp2":9,"ntp3": 54,"ntp4":119,"lg":0,"reset":0,"dexp":2,"mexp":5}

jp

{"nprogs":3,"nboards":3,"mnp":14,"mnst":4,"pnsize":12,"pd ":[[115,0,4,[540,-1,-1,-1],[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,900,900,1 200,1200,1200,0],"Program 1"],[115,4,5,[870,-1,-1,-1],[0,0,0,300,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,300,300,0,0,0,0,0,300,0,0,0,0,0],"Program 2"],[115,1,3,[735,-1,-1,-1],[900,900,900,0,900,900,900,900,900,900,900,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0],"Program 3"]]}

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                              Brady - I had that error in my testing and in fact it was the very last thing I was doing. I fixed it for my system but was not 100% convinced it would work with expansion boards as the OpenSprinkler API documentation did not go into enough detail - I had to make an assumption. Can you please type http://<ipaddress>/jc , js, jn, jo and jp into your web browser (you know what I mean) and send me the response texts. Yours will be slightly different to mine due to the extra boards and I can then make sure the code is compatible.
                              If you have trouble needing the MD5 hash password, simple enable "ignore password" and then you don't need the ?pw=xxx bit of the call.

Thanks!
                              Cheers

Comment

Thanks. I've spotted the problem already - exactly the bit I was worried about ("stn_dis":[0,0,0]). Will have an update out later today. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X