Exception in Find_Create_Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmagri View Post
    Still having issues ... after deleting objects and trying creating them manually, my devices shows offline.

Thanks,

Marcus
    Is the plugin not auto-discovering your thermostats? If you delete the old then restart the plugin and wait about a minute it should auto-discover them and create them for you.

Comment

RadioThermostat

It is not auto-discovering ... I deleted the objects I created, restarted the plugin and let it running for a couple of hours.

They are not being auto-discovered ...

Tried adding them manually as well, and they are also not working.

Any additional suggestion,

Marcus

Comment

It is not auto-discovering ... I deleted the objects I created, restarted the plugin and let it running for a couple of hours.

They are not being auto-discovered ...

Tried adding them manually as well, and they are also not working.

Any additional suggestion,

Marcus
        What model # are your thermostats, I'll see what I can do. Are the thermostats on the same network as your homeseer server?

Comment

Not auto-discovering

They are CT30 V1.94. They were working on the previous release, and yes, they are on the same network.

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

They are CT30 V1.94. They were working on the previous release, and yes, they are on the same network.

Thanks,

Marcus
            So they stopped working recently and worked with the previous version of the plugin. That's very useful information. I will pull the old code up from my git repository and look at what all changed.

Do you remember specifically what version it was working with?

Comment

Not auto-discovering

The version before 1.0.16295.69 was working.

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

Comment

So, in order to find out if the issue is with the plugin logic of creating devices or if it's in the discovery protocol itself. I took the same code that I use to discover the devices and put it into a seperate executable. It's a simple console app that will send the discovery message out and list any replies.

I have attached the program here. If you could download this and run it on some machines on your network to see a couple things:

Is it specific to a machine?
                  Does it ever find any thermostats?
                  Does it find anything when ran on the HomeSeer machine?

I also have CT-30 thermostats and when I run this, every time it finds them. Let me know what you find out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

MarvellDiscovery

Thanks for your help ... got an error message

CMD
                    MarvellDiscovery.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt fa
                    iled because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time
                    , or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
                    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 s
                    ize, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP)
                    at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP)
                    at MarvellDiscovery.Program.Main(String[] args)

Comment

Thanks for your help ... got an error message

CMD
                      MarvellDiscovery.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt fa
                      iled because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time
                      , or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
                      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 s
                      ize, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint& remoteEP)
                      at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive(IPEndPoint& remoteEP)
                      at MarvellDiscovery.Program.Main(String[] args)
                      Ok, so what this says is that it waited until the timeout period (5 seconds) for a thermostat to respond and nobody responded so it threw an exception.

Did you try to run this from only HomeSeer? Or do you get the same exception on every computer?

Comment

Exception

Got same exception from a different computer as well. Exception shown in 1 or 2 seconds and not 5.

Thanks

Comment

Did the auto-discovery ever work for you? Or did you always have to add manually and just recently that portion broke as well?

Comment

Auto-discover

No, the auto discovery never worked for me.

Comment

No, the auto discovery never worked for me.
                              Ok, I'll skip tshooting that portion and go straight to the other problem. Let me finish looking through the code changes and see if I can find any issues. When I put together a fix, I'll post it under the beta plugins section of the homeseer plugin manager page and let you know. That way you can test for me.

Comment

Beta

Sounds good! Please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X