X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Hi spud,

I have a quite a few multi-level devices that use two value-status pairs for the same value, with one being Control and the other Status. As an example, the Control for one is called Play and the status Playing, with additional pairs for Pause/Paused, Stop/Stopped, etc. I can select Play/Pause/Stop in imperihome, and the text gets displayed for a few seconds, but then afterwards changes to N/A. Is it possible for the plugin to be updated to account for these types of scenarios so that it would display Playing/Paused/Stopped rather than N/A?

Thanks
    Al
    Unfortunately right now it's impossible, in ImperiHome the status labels must match exactly the controls labels. I have just asked the developers if this could be changed, I will let you know...

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I have just asked the developers if this could be changed, I will let you know...
      Thanks Spud!
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi all,

Just a quick note on the imperhihome support. I found a bug with the ios app yesterday morning, I submitted a bug report to which they asked some clarification questions which I responded to last night and they pushed out a new update this morning with the fix. I am now on their beta program so they can push these fixes out quickly using TestFlight, rather than waiting on the App Store approvals. Very impressed by them so far and of course spud's excellent support too!

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          The "N/A" you see is not the name of the device but its status. For multiswitch devices the status needs to be one of the possible control actions. This works well if the mapped HS device has value/status pairs which are both control and status, but if the current status of the HS device is set to a pair which is not a control you will see "N/A"

I will ask ImperiHome developers if that could be changed, but right now the best you can do, I guess, is to change the color of the text to black in order to hide it.
          Well within one day I was able to get imperihome to update their sensor widget to include the option to not have a icon. This allows the sting text to take up the whole box rather then loosing a chunk of it and not being centered. These guys are on it.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is looking so good. I have not tested yet due to time lack of time at home. I plan to start testing soon. In the mean time, I am curious about two things:

1. How will adding things like sonos and hue work? Do you configure the program to use the API interface (to spuds plugin) and then add the Sonos interface, and then the hue interface?

Lets say you were running both a vera and hs system, could you add both to Imperihome? (I have no desire to do this BTW--just asking to understand how it works).

2. Will they be likely to have a windows universal version? I ask because we are an iPhone/Surface Pro house. OK, we have iPads too. I have probably 10 iOS devices, and 10 windows 10 devices in my family, though really only 4 of each get used regularly. So it would be great to have a windows 10 app.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Imperihome allows multiple controllers to be added. So yes you can run 2 veras and 2 HS all in different locations. You can add a light for each one on the same page or you could make a group that would like lights from multiple houses.

Same for sonos you can go direct from sonos to imperihome but it will only work locally. If you ran sonos threw Hs then to imperihome u can control remotely.

Imperihome has limited layout options but has a lot good things going on.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                This is looking so good. I have not tested yet due to time lack of time at home. I plan to start testing soon. In the mean time, I am curious about two things:

1. How will adding things like sonos and hue work? Do you configure the program to use the API interface (to spuds plugin) and then add the Sonos interface, and then the hue interface?

Lets say you were running both a vera and hs system, could you add both to Imperihome? (I have no desire to do this BTW--just asking to understand how it works).

2. Will they be likely to have a windows universal version? I ask because we are an iPhone/Surface Pro house. OK, we have iPads too. I have probably 10 iOS devices, and 10 windows 10 devices in my family, though really only 4 of each get used regularly. So it would be great to have a windows 10 app.
                1. Yes, with ImperiHome you can mix devices from different systems. Hence, for systems that are directly supported by the app (like Hue, Sonos, cameras, etc..) you have the choice to use the direct channel, or use HS and the ImperiHome plugin.

2. I don't know about a Windows version, the iOS version is relatively new so I think they are focusing on this right now. But you could ask them directly they are quite responsive.

Comment

Hi spud,

I have a bunch of x10 motion/light sensors. For the light sensor portion, they are simple on/off type (dark/light). For light, the value is 0 and for dark, 100. Any suggestions on how to best deal with them in the plugin? I'm thinking that I need to build virtual devices to invert the value, but I don't really want to do that as I have over a dozen or so. Thoughts?

Thanks
                  Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi spud,

I have a bunch of x10 motion/light sensors. For the light sensor portion, they are simple on/off type (dark/light). For light, the value is 0 and for dark, 100. Any suggestions on how to best deal with them in the plugin? I'm thinking that I need to build virtual devices to invert the value, but I don't really want to do that as I have over a dozen or so. Thoughts?

Thanks
                    Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    You can't just use a regular motion sensor in imperihome? Is the issue only invert?

If it is you do know that Imperihome allows you to invert icon when you check the box that says invert icons, its where you change the icon in the bottom left corner. Or atleast it is on Andriod.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                      You can't just use a regular motion sensor in imperihome? Is the issue only invert?

If it is you do know that Imperihome allows you to invert icon when you check the box that says invert icons, its where you change the icon in the bottom left corner. Or atleast it is on Andriod.
                      Don't think ios has the invert option yet. That would solve my problem. The motion sensor part actually works fine as a security device, it's the light sensor portion that is the issue.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Don't think ios has the invert option yet. That would solve my problem. The motion sensor part actually works fine as a security device, it's the light sensor portion that is the issue.

Cheers
                        Al
                        Might be easier to push imperihome for the invert then to rebuild all around them.

Of you could always upgrade to a Andriod.

Comment

Might be easier to push imperihome for the invert then to rebuild all around them.

Of you could always upgrade to a Andriod.
                          Thanks, I'll contact them about that. I got rid of my Samsung Android phone a few months ago. That thing was the worst piece of $%:& I have ever owned. I was on Blackberry before that and prior to that Windows based phones (1st and 2nd gen). The only thing I miss about Android is Tasker... I'm not an Apple fan boy, but since my wife and kids already used Apple devices, me getting an iPhone has worked out pretty well.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

ImperiHome Plug-in - Beta Testing

Unfortunately their iOS client is far behind their Android version in terms of features. Even the beta lacks many features, and has quite a few more bugs than the Android version.

Comment

Just double checked and there is an invert option. It's not in the same spot as Android though.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Just double checked and there is an invert option. It's not in the same spot as Android though.

Cheers
                                Al
                                Screen shot or your just trying to cover up apple issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X