seems to be a emulated ha-bridge? Quitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems to be a emulated ha-bridge? Quitting

Finally getting around to setting up this plugin, but it's either not detecting the hub, or it's giving me the message Found a bridge on IP 192.168.1.3 seems to be a emulated ha-bridge? Quitting. This is a regular HUE bridge, so not sure what's up. I've redacted my HUE ID to protect the innocent Any ideas?

JowiHueLog.txt contains...
    20:59:39.9628287 -- (HueTools.InitPlugin) Debug: Starting Device checks
    20:59:39.9638292 -- (HueTools.MainWatchTimer) Warning: MainWatchThread: No bridge found, plugin will scan until found
    21:00:40.0116499 -- (UPNP.Bridgescan) Bridgescan already running, quiting this scan
    21:01:11.6218711 -- (HueApi.GetJsonCommand) System.Net.WebException(0x80131509): The operation has timed out.
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd()
    at HSPI_JowiHue.HueApi.SendRequest(Uri uri, Byte[] jsonDataBytes, String contentType, String method)
    at HSPI_JowiHue.HueApi.GetJsonCommand(String URL, Object ReqObject, Boolean Dict, String Type)

21:01:11.6228482 -- (MyBridges.BridgeFound) Warning: BridgeFound: Found a bridge on IP 192.168.1.3 seems to be a emulated ha-bridge? Quitting
    21:01:11.6238397 -- (UPNP.Bridgescan) Debug: End search for bridges

21:06:10.7530533 -- (UPNP.Bridgescan) UPNP checkmeethue [{"id":"<MyID>","internalipaddress":"192.168.1.3"}]
    21:06:10.7534949 -- (UPNP.Bridgescan) Unknown Bridge found on IP 192.168.1.3

The plugin should not report this as a emulated bridge. Will have change that in the plugin. The issue really is that it seems to get no response (timeout) from the bridge when it approaches it to check the JSON capabilities. It got a correct response on UPNP, but errors after that.
    I am expecting the bridge firmware is reasonably up to date (younger then a year ago)

On the machine running HS3, can you open the browser and check these steps?

1. go to [your bridges IP]/debug/clip.html
    2. a window should show with a ready set URL to api/1234/
    3. change the url to api/1234/config and press the GET button
    4. See if you get any response

If you do get a response, check if you did allow the plugin to run on the network in your local firewall setting (guessing you are running on Windows). At the first run the plugin shows a security popup, asking if it is allowed to use the local network. If you answered NO or ignored it, it will fail finding and using the bridge.
    If needed you can add the executable to the local firewall settings and allow network access.

If you do not get a response, it is the machine having an issue, and that would depend on the configuration you are running. I need to know more then to help?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

ok, this is odd -- just going through a browser window, I get this (almost instantly - and yes, I redacted the ID again):
      {"name":"Philips hue","datastoreversion":"59","swversion":"01038802","apivers ion":"1.16.0","mac":"00:17:84:16:10:15","bridgeid":"<redacte d>","factorynew":false,"replacesbridgeid":null,"modelid":"BS B001"}

however, if I go to the clip GUI, it just seems to time out and gives me an "Error 0"

I just went through a factory reset of the hub to see if that made any difference...it didn't.

I also turned off the firewall for these tests... no such luck.

Hue hub is plugged directly into the router, so can't be any weird wireless issue as I've seen in other posts.

and yep, running windows.
      Last edited by mjgtp; June 6, 2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

mjgtp,

That is really weird. Out of curiosity, the browser output, what was the exact link you have been using?

I was not expecting a browser response would differ from debug console? Is there other software running on the same machine that might influence the responses?

Is this windows machine a virtual machine maybe?

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

nope, not a VM. It's just a I5 Lenovo laptop (Windows 10, x64, 8GB ram) and all it's running in the background is HomeSeer.

I did try the same URL on another computer in the house and received the same result. Browser (chrome) worked fine, but the api website on the hub returns "Error 0"

URL in the browser is : http://192.168.1.3/api/1234/config

Curious, does jowihue require a certain .net version?

Well, this is interesting -- tried accessing clip from a 3rd machine here -- my windows 7 work computer -- and it works just fine on there. Ok, so i'm thinking its either an OS thing -- or there's a difference in .NET runtime versions. I see your config has v4 listed. I'm going to try and reinstall .net framework 4 and see what happens.
          Last edited by mjgtp; June 7, 2017, 02:14 PM. Reason: new info

Comment

mjgtp

JowiHue depends on v4 indeed, it would not even start at all without it, so that should not really be the issue. Also the debug window in the browser is not .NET dependant at all... so why would it not work for these?

What is the OS on your HS3 machine? I am testing the same here on Windows 10 and it all works correct on all PC's here. So I am still lost on the reason why the webpage would not work?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

yea, the .net version shouldn't matter in this case. I've run fiddler and wireshark and the only thing I can think of is if windows 10 is denying connections or refusing to give back a stream that has no content length in the headers. After the get from clip.html, the browser is waiting to display results once the response is finished, but since there's no length sent, it waits indefinitely until timeout. I think the direct browser response "worked" because chrome streamed back the result as it got it, but the "in progress" spinner on the tab never stops.

Fiddler's response:
              Fiddler.Network.ProtocolViolation - [#2] No Connection:close, no Content-Length. No way to tell if the response is complete.

I'm still looking to see if there's any windows settings that might control this behavior. If you're testing this on a windows 10 machine and it works for you -- there's got to be a setting somewhere. I've tried using the clip.html website on two of my windows 10 boxes here and neither work. My windows 7 laptop works just fine though. My only other inclination though is if you're windows 10 box you're testing on maybe has visual studio or some other IDE that maybe tweaked the settings or otherwise made it work?
              Last edited by mjgtp; June 8, 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

mjgtp,

I am working here mostly with three Win 10 machines. My hs box is basic Windows 10 Home with only HS3 on it. The other ones have Windows 10 Pro on it, one with visual studio on it, the other is mainly using graphical software. On all machines the clip just works. I did not change system settings, except preventing the infamous updates from Microsoft (want to control myself when updates are done, especialy on my HS3 machine)

Somewhere next week I am expecting to replace the graphical machine. Will test imediately for the clip page after initial instalation to see if Windows 10 standard has an issue. But I would have expected some comments in the developers site of Philips if it would cause issues?

Thanks,
                Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

OMG

Ok, I found the culprit. Avast antivirus web shield was intercepting the communication and it was never allowing it through when there's no content length header. Disabling Web Shield seems to have fixed the issue and there's not a specific setting in there that I can disable or override that helps the issue. It seems to be a fundamental issue with the program. I'll follow up with Avast and see where that takes me.

Avast thread if anyone wants to continue following this issue: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?to...377.msg1402929

Thanks for the help though
                  Last edited by mjgtp; June 21, 2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X