question about Insteon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about Insteon

I tried to change the On/Off to Open/Closed on an Insteon appliance module. After the change, I had no control over the module. I didn't change the value numbers only the labels. Is it true that I can't change the labels this way?

yes, you may not change the names of the buttons at this time. it breaks functionality.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

sorry, i may have spoken out of turn here. I thought this was related to my plugin not the homeseer one.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
        I tried to change the On/Off to Open/Closed on an Insteon appliance module. After the change, I had no control over the module. I didn't change the value numbers only the labels. Is it true that I can't change the labels this way?
        Hello,

I am trying to re-create this here on our test system but cannot seem to. Whenever I change the On/Off to Open/Closed the system continues to work as it is suppose to. What is the model number on the product you are using?

Thanks

Comment

I don't think the problem is with the insteon device. When I change the labels, the device in HS3 does not change state when clicking the Open/Close buttons-and the Insteon device does not change state. Works fine when I change the labels back to On/Off.

Comment

Working...
          X