No announcement yet.

GoControl Irrigation Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update. I'd like to think that System Enable would turn on the internal schedule whenever Go Control gets around to implementing it.

Comment

I am using standard timers, it works fine.
      I crated 2 options, one with a counter that I can easily modify from HSTouch add or reset. It was every 2 days at the beginning, now I left it for Before and after summer time with 3 days. If counter is 3 then it will Water and as counter reaches 4 it will be reset to 0

The Other one uses Week numbers, so during a range of week numbers will Water on even days for 10 minutes each valve.

Grass is greener than ever.

Hope it helps as ideas.
      Attached Files

Comment

I took cowinger's suggestion and got a solid state relay and it works like a champ. I'm still scratching my head as to why Nortek would design this thing with a master pump terminal that outputs DC voltage when every pump start relay in the wild is designed for 24V. The solenoids for the sprinklers seem to do find with the low DC however. Regardless I'm up and running now. Thanks everyone.

Comment

How Control GoControl Wi15VZ-1 with Echo

I have a GoControl irrigation controller that shows up in Echo as :

"Irrigation System Enable". It does not show "Irrigation Valve".

How do I turn on a valve using Echo-Alexa voice commands?

Comment

Did you try wiring the 24VAC relay to those two terminals on the GoControl?
            It should work just fine. It blasts it with about 17VDC to get it to turn on then dropws to 5VDC with an short pulse of 17VDC to keep it on.
            It is very energy efficient that way.
            Note: Feel the temperature of this power supply to a regular 24VAC one.
            Last edited by SprinklerZ; August 7, 2017, 02:13 PM. Reason: typo.!

Comment

I just received this unit and the event possibilities are endless. I'm not very good at events but I did stumble across some interesting options.

To this I plan to obviously add my zones and times possibly using a counter as demonstrated by @sirexilon

Good stuff.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                Thanks for the update. I'd like to think that System Enable would turn on the internal schedule whenever Go Control gets around to implementing it.
                I would be surprised if internal scheduling is implemented since that's the purpose of z-wave, to control devices. It's the same with z-wave thermostats. Nearly all the programming happens in the z-wave controller not the device.

But you never know...

Comment

Pressure sensor

Can anyone point me to the specs for a compatible pressure sensor or model of sensor used successfully with the GoControl system? I use well water and need to avoid low pressure that might drop out the backflow preventer valve. I don't see anything in the user manual about the types of sensors that will work.

Comment

Well. The sensor should be a simple dry contact.

But that’s not your problem. The problem
                    Is that homeseer sells this device as an “go control” device.
                    Go control on their side don’t want anything to do with this controller.
                    They don’t provide support or warranty for this thing, no matter what the paperwork states.

THe device itself was advertised with a lot of futures by gocontrol. If this controller would do all those things it would be great.
                    Unfortunately go control dropped the controller from their lineup. looks like homeseer did buy the controller that were already produced but sell them as simple on/off switch.

So on one side you have great features advertised but what you get if a simple switch (except for the automatic shutoff).

It would be great from homeseer to stop advertising this thing as gocontrol device OR , even better, come up with a plugin that enables all those sensor for us to use.

The flow sensor is the most interesting one since you could detect a leak and stop the water.
                    You could also detect A clogged sprinkler and get a message.

Right now when there is a electrical failure of a relay the led on the controller blinks red. That’s all, you don’t get a message in home seer.

That’s makes it useless. Since I have to go to the controller when watering time is to check if the led is blinking red!!!!

Anyway, great concept but useless in till homeseer gives us a plug-in for this device.

There is some “hacking” that involves sending raw zwave commands to be able to get this going but hats over my head.

Shame on homeseer for the false advertising.

Someone commended that the device wouldn’t do any in its own because that’s what zwave is for (control).

I disagree respectfully.
                    A thermostat was mentioned as an example.
                    That’s a good example, you set the thermostat and the the controller does the rest. No zwave involved unless you want to change a setting.
                    The same should go for the irrigation controller
                    Set it I once and that’s it.

Like water every other day for then minutes EXCEPT should it rain.
                    Easy stuff that ANY controller can do.

Not sure about this “smart controller” there is an input for a rain sensor but no documentation if it needs to be enabled or not.

So do answer your question.
                    You can hook up a simple dry contact pressure sensor but no one knows on how to activate / use it.

Shame on homeseer

Comment

@Mahera - you make some very valid points. Please refer to some of my comments in another thread. https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ght=irrigation

I did get some help from nortek, but certainly not enough help.

This controller was designed to do a lot, but in fact does very little. I did succeed in getting the rain sensor working but it's a shame that most of the other features remain hidden. It can handle internal scheduling, uploads of tables, etc but alas, no one will tell us how.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Disappointed

I just got one of these and was expecting a device for every valve, and to be able to turn on more than one valve at a time.

I have three 8 wire lines going to various valves. One of those lines also controls the Main valve. I'm lost as to wire this valve. The common for the slave valves also feeds the main valve. Any ideas how to do this?

Seriously thinking of sending this back.
                          Don

Comment

On my to do list is to update Tasmota firmware for irrigation control logic with the Sonoff 4CH Pro. I want to make it so it can run its own schedule in a fallback mode and be slaved to mcsSprinklers for more optimal scheduling. I have the hardware and done enough modification of Tasmota to know it can be done. Just need to do it. I have another four zones that I will be laying the irrigation pipe and the 4CH makes for a good control solution to augment and then later replace Rain8 units I am using.

Comment

@donstephens - Was this previously connected to another controller? I assume so. It seems you have a pile of zones and a main valve, no? Perhaps two main valves? You should be able to move wires from previous zones to new controller.

I have two wires for each valve (8 wires total for 4 valves) and no main valve.

I also have two wires for the rain sensor which is not utilized at this time. I use a weather plugin to determine rain over the last few days.

Comment

Correct, a Rain8. I suspect that has died, and thought this would be a great replacement. My old controller could control zones individually so I could turn on the main valve and the zone valve. The GoControl controller has two connections for the master valve. I had hoped that I could connect one wire of the master to one side of this and use the common for the other. That didn't work.

At this point I'm pretty frustrated, but I guess I didn't research the GoContol controller well enough.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                                @donstephens - Was this previously connected to another controller? I assume so. It seems you have a pile of zones and a main valve, no? Perhaps two main valves? You should be able to move wires from previous zones to new controller.

I have two wires for each valve (8 wires total for 4 valves) and no main valve.

I also have two wires for the rain sensor which is not utilized at this time. I use a weather plugin to determine rain over the last few days.
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X