Nest Doorbell, Nest Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Doorbell, Nest Security

Just started reading up on the new Doorbell and Security bits Nest has been releasing. A quick skim through the board didn't bring up any mention of them (that I caught). Any chance of adding support for those down the road?

regards,

Paul

Originally posted by paul View Post
    Just started reading up on the new Doorbell and Security bits Nest has been releasing. A quick skim through the board didn't bring up any mention of them (that I caught). Any chance of adding support for those down the road?

regards,

Paul
    The camera portion works just like the other cameras. The plugin immediately found it after my install. Obviously none of the other stuff that Nest Aware adds. I also was able to add it into Blue Iris which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
      The camera portion works just like the other cameras. The plugin immediately found it after my install. Obviously none of the other stuff that Nest Aware adds. I also was able to add it into Blue Iris which was nice.
      Right. I'd be interested to know if support is planned to be added in the future for the newer security hardware. I'm in the process of evaluating how I move forward security wise, and this might impact how I consider going forward...

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
        Right. I'd be interested to know if support is planned to be added in the future for the newer security hardware. I'm in the process of evaluating how I move forward security wise, and this might impact how I consider going forward...

I plan to support whatever is added to the Nest API, but so far nothing has been added for these new devices.

Comment

I posted a message on nest developers message board asking about an API. I'd LOVE it if I could use your plugin to see all my nest window, door and motion sensors and the nest guard and nest Yale Lock.

Comment

I would also like to add Nest Doorbell/Hello as well as the Yale Lock that interfaces with nest. When do you think you will add this functionality?

Comment

Originally posted by iragoldstone@gmail.com View Post
              I would also like to add Nest Doorbell/Hello as well as the Yale Lock that interfaces with nest. When do you think you will add this functionality?
              Check two messages up. Nothings been added to the API yet for him to add any additional functionality.

I'm also looking forward to it as well though.

Comment

Nest Yale Lock

Put me down as well for support of the Nest Yale Lock. I also have the Hellow Door Bell.

Comment

Any update of API and this Plugin supports the Nest Yale Lock yet?

Comment

I just installed the Nest Hello and your Nest plugin for HomeSeer. The plugin authorized without any issues but the only installed device is the Home/Away device. It is my understanding that the camera in the Nest Hellow should be discovered automatically. I have restarted HomeSeer and there are no errors in the log. How do I add the camera on my Nest Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by thshep View Post
                      I just installed the Nest Hello and your Nest plugin for HomeSeer. The plugin authorized without any issues but the only installed device is the Home/Away device. It is my understanding that the camera in the Nest Hellow should be discovered automatically. I have restarted HomeSeer and there are no errors in the log. How do I add the camera on my Nest Hello?
                      There is no Nest Hello API yet: https://nestdevelopers.io/t/nest-hel...ilability/1163

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
                        Any update of API and this Plugin supports the Nest Yale Lock yet?
                        unfortunately no, there hasn't be any update in the Nest API to support the Nest Yale Lock

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          That’s Strange. It found my Nest Hello for some reason. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just installed a Nest Hello and the devices where discovered by HS. Any idea how to get it to show up as a camera in the main settings?

Edit: I found a post on Reddit that shows you how to get the streaming URL if you publicly share your camera. It works. Search there for details.

Comment

Originally posted by zymurgist View Post
                              I just installed a Nest Hello and the devices where discovered by HS. Any idea how to get it to show up as a camera in the main settings?

Edit: I found a post on Reddit that shows you how to get the streaming URL if you publicly share your camera. It works. Search there for details.
                              Do you have the link for this information? I'm trying to set my Nest Hello up with homeseer.

Comment

Working...
                              X