Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication Problem with Rain8net

Computer: Asprire R3700 window 7 64 bits
    rainnet configure v4.8 Software (works ok!!)
    rain8net demo Software (not working!)
    Current version of mcsSprinklerS (not working)
    Keyspan usb serial adapt 4 ports with current window 7 driver (USA49WG) - usa49wgX64p.sys

In my old computer I used my build in serial com port to communicate with the Rain8net Module using mcsSprinklerS to talk to it. Everthing work great.
    I recently upgraded to a new Asprire R3700 window 7 64 bits pc for Homeseer. The compute did'nt provide a serial com port, so I purchase the keyspan 4 port usb to serial. The Problem I having is that the rain8net demo Software and mcsSprinklerS is not communication with rain8net modulue.

I install the rainnet configure software (v4.8) and was able to read and load settings to rain8net module. I try using their rain8net demo software to turn on the sprinklers zone, but a error of "Module not responding check com port and connections" came back.
    I also try mcsSprinklerS software but it didn't work.
    I need help resolving this problem if anybody can help Me. Also I have original version of Rain8net Module.

Thank You

Bigmack48

Hey Mack
    You may want to post in the mcssprinklers forum. There is some good info on communications troubleshooting including usb to serial, and wifi to serial networks.

I also had some communications issues running Windows 7-64bit so I dropped back to 32bit. This helped. I think it had to do with usb and wifi drivers on 64bit Windows. Since you communicate to the rain8net using the config software to read the eprom w/o power to the rain8net, that may be your issue (usb adapter drivers for 64bit Win).

-Ray

Comment

Working...
    X