Russound RIO Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russound RIO Support

I am curious if anyone knows whether the RIO protocol will work on the CAV and CAA models. I cannot really find anything saying that it works with the older receivers.

I know it works with the MCA series
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I don't believe that it does. I remember the author of the Vera plugin going through this and he ended up supporting both I believe. That said, I'm happy to try out anything you cook up.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I wondered because the RIO protocol says it supports RS232 and TCP connections.
      I would have been nice to use just one protocol.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

My understanding is the older stuff (like my cam) is strictly RNET.

I am surprised to see that RIO is serial too, I thought it was ethernet only.

Comment

Blade,

The below linked manual I found online descibes the RIO protocol as text based protocol that is a "superset" of RNET. So I think it is RNET plus new features like two way communication, selectable baud rate, etc. Have a look in the "Introduction" section of the manual. If this is correct, it probably would not be difficult to integrate the new protocol in your plugin so users and get the new features if they have a newer model Russound amp (I for one would be interested and would help test).

Love to hear your thoughts on interest in expanding the capabilities of your plugin!

https://www.promixis.com/forums/atta...0&d=1358159228
          Last edited by heatvent; April 14, 2017, 07:08 PM. Reason: Updated link..orignally had the wrong link.

Comment

My reading is that, while it may be a superset of RNET capability, it does not utilize the same codes as RNET. So it may do everything RNET does, plus more, but it does it with ASCII text, not HEX codes.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Adding RIO support is on my list
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                Adding RIO support is on my list
                Great news Blade!

Comment

It will take some major rework in the plugin to add it
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I was hoping it would be easier ... hopefully you are still interested. I have a D850 being shipped to me as we speak. I would be willing to test for you.

Comment

Blade, jut checking in on this thread. Hoping that this is still in the works

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                        Blade, jut checking in on this thread. Hoping that this is still in the works
                        It is on the list but it may take a while to get to it
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

I was looking at the code and RIO support may be too hard to incorporate into the existing plugin. I would have to rewrite a lot of it in order to allow both protocols.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

So would you write a separate plugin or are you thinking it's a no go?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                              So would you write a separate plugin or are you thinking it's a no go?
                              I would like to make it one plugin but it is going to take quite a bit of work to do it because I have to make sure it does not break the current plugin or the integration between other plugins
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X