Foscan camera Support in HStouch - still unclear to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscan camera Support in HStouch - still unclear to me

I have a foscam camera in my home connected to my network.
    hstouch quickly picked up the camera in the network and it shows up under the hstouch plugin configuration screen

I was able to see it in the hstouch client as well under image with isVideo=True

But - what I am missing is the PTZ control options! I want to add 4 arrow button in hstouch screen with zoom in and zoom out and I dont know why it doesn't this come already predefined once the camera has been identified in the network

As oppose to that when you add a "manual" camera you have the Pan/Tilt Control options blank for you to fill.

So lets say if there is no "simple" way to this with the discovered camera, I don't mind doing this manually but is there a "control" button that you need to add in hstouch to implement the arrows which control movement?
    what would be the commands to populate?

This i haven't found out :-(
    Last edited by ofird; May 17, 2017, 02:45 AM.

anyone?

Comment

is there a better forum to post this?

Comment

What foscam camera do you have? I have several that show up in HSTouch but they all have the arrows below the picture. If the camera is found by HSTouch in the software and the user and pw are correct then I don't see why the arrows would not show up. I am not sure what the isVideo=True is for I do not have any reference to that.

Here is what I found after digging deep on the foscam website:

If you need our latest CGI and SDK, please send your request to tech@foscam.com to apply for it. We will give you response within 2 working days.

Also here is a pdf with commands. Not sure if they are useable.

http://www.ipcamcontrol.net/files/Fo...ide-V1.0.4.pdf
        Last edited by cowinger; May 27, 2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response
          The camera is FI9821w+v2.
          The camera is found by "hstouch server plugin" immediately - and there is no option to edit Pan/Tilt Control for the camera (it enables only if i add it manually)

How do you add it to HSTOUCH DESIGNER? I probably did it wrong by adding it as "image".
          Do you have the instructions on how to add it to a designer screen and get the arrows?

Comment

If you add it manually I found these commands to put in the blank areas for ptz commands. Don't know if they will work. I don't know anything about designer. sorry. I have 831's so may be the same.

ptzMoveLeft
            ptzMoveRight
            ptzMoveBottomRight
            ptzMoveBottomLeft
            ptzMoveTopRight
            ptzMoveTopLeft
            ptzMoveUp
            ptzMoveDown
            openInfraLed (Turns IR Leds On)
            closeInfraLed (Turns IR Leds Off)
            setPtzSpeed (0=slowest, 4=fastest)

maybe these might work: ??
            ptzzoomIn
            ptzzoomOut

ADD: I just found this also:
            httpscolon//cameraipcolonport/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=USER&pwd=PASS
            change to each command above where ptzMoveRight is at.

Comment

thanks cowinger
              If you dont use it in designer, where do you benefit from it in homeseer?
              I am trying to something like this implemented

I can get the video just fine, but I am not sure how to get the arrows implemented...

Comment

The only way I know to use those commands is if you, as you know, input the cameras manually. Mine show up in HSTouch with the arrows there but I let Homeseer find the cameras automatically. I use HSTouch with the phone, no wifi, to look in on the house only if I am away. If I am where wifi is I use VNC to pipe in to the computer and use the camera software to view them.

Comment

Working...
                X