How can I turn of Alexa saying the 'Alexa Response euqals"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I turn of Alexa saying the 'Alexa Response euqals"

I have followed the instructions to install the Jonoo Homeseer Alexa Script. It was simple enough to do. I'm running it on Linux Pi, so no web interface for the configuration but for me that is not a problem.

The plan is to start with a simple configuration then move to something more complicated. So step 1 was to define a trigger that just responds with some details from a HS device.
    The trigger has been defined & the Alexaresponse was defined to say 'the temperature is [device value 456]' Alexa Text was recognised but the audio that came out of the dot was " AlexaResponse equals the temperature is 23"
    How can I turn of Alexa saying the 'Alexa Response euqals" part of the announcement.

Would you please post the ini file entries you have written for the respective [TroggerX] section.
    Jon

Comment

Here is part of the INI file

[Settings]
      Logging=0
      AlexaNoMatchResponse=
      EnableEchoLocation=0
      LocalMode=0
      InvocationWord=homeseer
      [Trigger1]
      AlexaText=What is the temperature
      Mode=3
      AlexaResponse=The temperature is [device value 142]
      RunEvent=
      Runscript=
      Speak=
      SPClient=
      SpeakDevice=
      CAPI=
      Json=
      DeviceValue=
      SetDeviceValue=
      SetCapiValue=
      Delay=
      AlexaSource=skill

Comment

Your replacement variable should be defined as [devicevalue 142] and not [device value 142]
        Jon

Comment

I looked back at the configuration & it is [devicevalue 142] (without the space.

Comment

Would you please post a screenshot of the device in question showing the advanced tab (Modify device).
            Jon

Comment

It is now working

I restarted my Homeseer system this morning & that looks to have resolved the problem

Comment

Working...
              X