Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

After many years of trying, I have finally found a method to parse the events page to gain access to the Triggers and conditions which have been lacking from the scripting UI. This has not been easy to achieve but I have now written a utility which displays the majority of the event information. As you can see from the screenshot, it has many search facilities including Scripts, Events, Devices, Counters, Timers, Global Variables and free text search. In addition you can sort the list by various methods. It will also locate 'Broken Events' which is available from the events search drop down. User notes can easily be seen now which are included in any search. Finally, you have the option to download the displayed output as a CSV or text report. This report can also be automated via an event where you can define the sort/search criteria. You can either print the report or the resultant web page for your records.

Because this parses the events page, it takes a bit of time to process and display a page. I'm after someone with a large number of events (say 400 plus) who would be willing to test this for me.

I need to write the documentation and tidy up a few bits and pieces but I hope to release this soon.

Edit:

It is now available for download on my site (click on my banner below for access). Please post any issues relating to the Homeseer 3 version here.

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; February 17, 2020, 06:13 AM.
    Jon

Well done. I see significant use of this functionality in providing visibility and transparency of all events rather than manually expanding one by one.

The added benefit is both fault finding and knowledge transfer becomes significant easier to articulate which is evident in the screenshot.

Comment

Agreed. This looks amazing. I have 435 events and would be happy to give it at run.
      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I have ~125 but would love to begin testing.

Comment

I have many more than 400 events. I’ll be Happy to test for you.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I am just shy of 400 at around 350, but would love to help test.

Thanks
            Billy

Comment

Sir, My hat's off to you. I'll be a wealthy man when I get that dime for every time someone has requested this functionality. I'm happy to test it out. I think I'm somewhere around 380 events at the moment. My events are all fairly complicated though, if that matters.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thanks for the interest everyone. I've now sent it to all have requested a copy. No more please until I release this formally.

For those testing, feel free to post here.
                Jon

Comment

Nice!

Works great. Ability to export to CSV is excellent. Performance is certainly not instant - but well worth the 4 second wait
                  Feels solid and is a great way to quickly find "Broken" events + much more.

Comment

I second the broken even visualization. That's a great feature right there. It's the first thing I noticed. It's amazing how much has changed with my HS configuration and life in the past however many years. One thing to note about it though is that events that are listed as broken don't also list the conditions and triggers that are still valid. It took me a bit longer than 4 seconds to load. Maybe closer to 7 or 8 using the .asp page. Really cool stuff right here.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I have 1609 events. I am using the .asp page under Windows 10. The page renders in just over a minute. I found over 50 broken events. This alone makes it priceless. I am able filter on devices, counters, timers, etc. That also is priceless.

I am still playing, but it works great!
                      Last edited by randy; January 15, 2018, 10:30 AM.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Agreed. Working perfectly. Another brilliant bit of code from Jon00. Love the export to CSV. Takes around 20 seconds to load my 428 events.

Not sure if the "Events Total: xxx" is supposed to update based on the results of a query...mine does not.

Just earned a spot in my Jon00Links.ini
                        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Wow, this is incredible, very nice Jon. Excellent work, I really cannot find anything wrong. It looks just great.

This should be incorporated into base HomeSeer, this is a must have for people with a more than a few events. Extremely helpful.

Question, I noticed in the output of the program in the section "Event Triggers, Conditions & Options:" there is a item called "Include as Voice Command" all of mine are checked and I really do not need them to be, how do I uncheck them? I have looked at the individual events and cannot find a way to uncheck them. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for another excellent program.
                          Billy

Comment

This may sound weird but would people be willing to share their events? It may offer some good inspiration. Like rich with 1600 his house must have a mind of its own!

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              I have 1609 events. I am using the .asp page under Windows 10. The page renders in just over a minute. I found almost 40 broken events. This alone makes it priceless. I am able filter on devices, counters, timers, etc. That also is priceless.

WOW lol. Sorry i had to express myself on this . haha This is a lot of thinking ( 1609 events).

Comment

Working...
                              X