Xiaomi DGNWG02LM Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi DGNWG02LM Hub

Does anyone know if the Xiaomi Hub can be used as a ZigBee Router?

I believe the Xiaomi hub is rather dedicated to Xiaomi products. I do not expect you could connect it as a router to a deCONZ gateway. I know there have been experiments with a Philips Hue bridge as a router, but as far I know it worked but not reliable.

Any reason you would like to use the Xiaomi hub?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the reply Wim
      I have not had any luck with having it recognized by deconz

I have a couple of them sitting around-I was thinking they might be a cheap solution for increasing the range of some ZigBee devices

Comment

Yes, am afraid this won't work then. But you do realise zigbee creates a mesh networks? If you place some zigbee lights at stragetic places you can stretch long distances. Lets say you have bulbs place in a straight line with say 7 meters in btween, you could stretch a long street? You need to use bulbs as these are routers in the network, not sensors.

Never tested it here, but my garden is 15 meters long. With a few bulbe it is not really an issue reaching the end of the garden with the gateway on the other side of the house. So it might be a good alternative?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X