• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Name Changing adding - #

Hello,
    I am currently on:
    Current version is: HS3 Pro (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.368
    This issue has been around for about a year though on various versions.

The event name gets changed from "On" to "On - 8"
    I will go in and click it and change it back to "On" and then submit. It remains that way for a couple days then goes back to "On - 8" This happens to many Events. See screenshots. I really am lost and welcome anyones input.

Do you have any other events with this same name? I'd suggest making the name a bit more unique as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem. When using the same event names in different groups the event-name is renamed toe <event-name> -1 or -2 etc.
      This happens after a restart of Homeseer.

Regards, Walter

Comment

Originally posted by wallee View Post
        Hi,

I have the same problem. When using the same event names in different groups the event-name is renamed toe <event-name> -1 or -2 etc.
        This happens after a restart of Homeseer.

Regards, Walter
        Due to certain scripting commands (which only use the event name), you have to use unique event names regardless of which group they are assigned to.
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Ok, clear. I already renamed the events names. But HS3 allows you to use the same name. After a restart the <event-name> -1 or -2 will appear. Then it should be better that hs3 will reject the duplicate event name because sometimes you don't know that the name is already used.
          Thanks,

Walter

Comment

Working...
          X