Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.425

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@rjh

I sent the link to my zipped HS3 folder to greg at support.

FYI, I disbled all the plugins this morning except zwave and it is still running stable. For 57 minutes...

Current Date/Time: 4/19/2018 8:24:12 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.426
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 57 Minutes 26 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.210.10
    Number of Devices: 784
    Number of Events: 58
    Available Threads: 200
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:
    License: Registered
    License: *****
    User Name and Access Level: default (Admin)
    WAN IP Address: 108.171.68.156
    Web Server Port: 80
    Location: (Latitude) 45.50 (Longitude) -73.58 City/State-Canada-Quebec,Montreal,73.58,45.50

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
    Last edited by Simon; April 18, 2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      @rjh

I sent the link to my zipped HS3 folder to greg at support.

FYI, I disbled all the plugins this morning except zwave and it is still running stable. For 57 minutes...

Current Date/Time: 4/19/2018 8:24:12 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.426
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 57 Minutes 26 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.210.10
      Number of Devices: 784
      Number of Events: 58
      Available Threads: 200
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Anti Virus Installed:
      License: Registered
      License:
      User Name and Access Level: default (Admin)
      WAN IP Address: 108.171.68.156
      Web Server Port: 80
      Location: (Latitude) 45.50 (Longitude) -73.58 City/State-Canada-Quebec,Montreal,73.58,45.50

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
      I think you might want to delete your license number. Not sure its a good idea to post publicly

Comment

What a difference a day makes. I installed .526 last night and it's a different beast. Totally stable and responsive and memory usage has settled at levels like .523. I'm not sure what gremlins creeped into .525 but looks like they're gone now.

Comment

Might be a red herring, but the issues with .425 feel like they might be com port related. Someone posted earlier here that .426 has resolved com port callback issues (or something like that), and when I was running .425 it crashed when I was trying to optimise a troublesome ZWave device via a UZB dongle connected to a serial port. When I couldn't get HS3 to restart it looked as though it was bombing out when trying to start RFXCom plugin - the only other device/plugin on my system that depends on a serial port.

Explains why disabling all plugins allows a successful restart. I've not had an issue since moving to .426, but to be fair I was running .425 for a couple of days without issue.

Might be worth a look? There are too many people reporting crashes on .425 for it to be a coincidence. It appears to be only Windows users affected, but not certain that is the case, just an impression from following this thread.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

After updating to .425, I am no longer able to use setdevicevaluebyref for my cooper 5 button scene controllers.

I have three of these in the house and I was using setdevicevaluebyref to keep the buttons in sync.

setdevicevaluebyref works with other devices.

Comment

HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

What am I looking at here? I've never seen this screen on my Ubuntu install

This is relating to changing the Linux password for use with the Linux tools. Typically I do not utilize this option/section.

See if it works on your Ubuntu box.

It is related to one executable named check_passwd in your HomeSeer directory.

This file is different for an ARM, ARM 64bit OS or Intel (AMD) 32/64 bit.

Their is a GCC script that creates the check_passwd file.

password_check.c

which today reads like this:

Code:
                //gcc -Wall password_check.c /usr/lib/libcrypt.a -o check_passwd

#include <stdlib.h>
                #include <stdio.h>
                #include <pwd.h>
                #include <shadow.h>
                #include <string.h>
                #include <crypt.h>
                #include <unistd.h>
                #include <libgen.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
                    struct spwd *pwd;
                    if (argc != 3) {
                        //printf("usage:\n\t%s [username] [password]\n", basename(argv[0]));
                        return 1;
                    } else if (getuid() == 0) {
                        pwd = getspnam(argv[1]);
                        return strcmp(crypt(argv[2], pwd->sp_pwdp), pwd->sp_pwdp);
                    } else {
                        printf("You need to be root\n");
                        return 1;
                    }
                }
                The code above works fine with the RPi (32 bit Linux) or Intel (AMD) based 32/64 bit OS's but not with an ARM based 64bit OS.

Based on the above stuff you could change the C code file to this and it will work with whatever CPU 32/64 bit.

Code:
                ## //gcc -Wall password_check.c /usr/lib/libcrypt.a -o check_passwd

[B]//gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd -lcrypt[/B]

#include <stdlib.h>
                #include <stdio.h>
                #include <pwd.h>
                #include <shadow.h>
                #include <string.h>
                #include <crypt.h>
                #include <unistd.h>
                #include <libgen.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
                    struct spwd *pwd;
                    if (argc != 3) {
                        //printf("usage:\n\t%s [username] [password]\n", basename(argv[0]));
                        return 1;
                    } else if (getuid() == 0) {
                        pwd = getspnam(argv[1]);
                        return strcmp(crypt(argv[2], pwd->sp_pwdp), pwd->sp_pwdp);
                    } else {
                        printf("You need to be root\n");
                        return 1;
                    }
                }
                Use it this way:

//gcc -Wall password_check.c -o check_passwd -lcrypt

HS3 - Lite - S2 uses the file when it first starts.

HS3 Lite / Pro uses the file for the Linux tools built in to the web gui.

You also need to install aha if it is not installed.

apt-get install aha

See attached pics.

[ATTACH]68268[/ATTACH]
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks to those who sent me their config. One config did crash on me and I found the problem. There is a callback queue that I limited the size of and display a warning when it fills. The message was in the callback so when it was displayed it caused a loop and a stack overflow. What is odd is that this same call was in build 425.

Anyway, I verified it is fixed.

The Windows build is here (build 428):

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_428.msi

Linux builds for ZEE S2 and SEL are uploaded, Linux tar file is here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_428.tar.gz

I am looking to release this version asap.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Thanks to those who sent me their config. One config did crash on me and I found the problem. There is a callback queue that I limited the size of and display a warning when it fills. The message was in the callback so when it was displayed it caused a loop and a stack overflow. What is odd is that this same call was in build 425.

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_428.msi

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_428.tar.gz

Ty. This looks promising. Mine always crashed on startup after server boot, and now it started up without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Running 3.0.0.426 HS Zee S2 with HSSentry enabled.

When attempting to access any of the Tools->System tabs through web browser on local network, I get the following error displayed in the browser.
                      Error building tab General: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am able to access all other menu items as expected.

I also noticed the following:
                      - HS Sentry is enabled
                      - while my wireless router (to which the Zee is connected) is powered down, the Zee goes into a rolling reboot being initiated by HS Sentry.
                      - when I powered up my wireless router, the rolling reboot stop, but now I am unable to access any Tools->System tabs

If I look in the .../HomeSeer/hs_sentry.log file I see the first set of entries as:
                      4/18/2018 11:22:35 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused)
                      4/18/2018 11:23:33 AM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 10.0.0.129
                      4/18/2018 11:33:14 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:33:34 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:33:54 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:34:14 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:34:34 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:34:54 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:34:54 AM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
                      4/18/2018 11:35:16 AM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1
                      4/18/2018 11:35:36 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:35:56 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:36:16 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:36:36 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:36:56 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:37:16 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/18/2018 11:37:16 AM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
                      4/18/2018 11:37:39 AM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1
                      4/18/2018 11:37:59 AM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      <and this continues for as long as the local network is down>

These continue for as long as my local network down.

A system reboot fixed the problem, but ....

Is this expected behavior? It seems incorrect behavior for HSSentry causing rolling reboots for as long as the local network is down.

Seems like it should always be checking the local host IP address, and I am not sure why it is failing on the local host IP address for as long as the network is down.

Is there any documentation on how was designed HSSentry to operate? What are the exact conditions that it detects to cause it to do a system reboot?

Comment

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_428.msi

https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_428.tar.gz

Was this in 423, or only since 425?

Comment

Just upgraded to 428 and so far so good.

All plugins enabled (and i have a bunch of them), itunes open (for plugin) and web browser (Chrome) on device list page (785 devices).

It would have crashed already with build 425.

I'll keep monitoring and will let you know tonight if it holds...

Now, could you post a message to my wife on the forum saying I had nothing to do with his? her name is Marie!

Comment

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_428.msi

https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_428.tar.gz

Updated.....

Current Date/Time: 4/18/2018 12:50:03 PM
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.428
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                            System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 5 Minutes 20 Seconds
                            IP Address: 192.168.5.3
                            Number of Devices: 914
                            Number of Events: 581
                            Available Threads: 400
                            HSTouch Enabled: False
                            Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            3.0.14.0: BLLock
                            0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
                            3.0.0.46: EasyTrigger
                            3.0.2.8: OMNI
                            0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
                            3.0.5.9: SDJ-Health
                            3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                            3.0.0.43: UPBSpud
                            3.0.1.208: Z-Wave

-Travis

Comment

Just upgraded to 428, getting ~!~Warning~!~Error calculating sunrise/sunset

Tried changing Location (Sunrise/Sunset) Settings.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.428 (Windows)

Comment

Originally posted by stvjfp1 View Post
                                Just upgraded to 428, getting ~!~Warning~!~Error calculating sunrise/sunset

Tried changing Location (Sunrise/Sunset) Settings.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.428 (Windows)
                                Check this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=134
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X