https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_425.msi

IF you are on windows,
    just need to change the last 3 digits on this link to the version you want

Comment

This one doesn't work for me.
      Was running .420 for more dan 50 days and update this morning to .425
      Let it run for about one hour but HS CPU was between 35% and 50%
      Went back to .420 and everything normal again, and CPU between 4% and 6%
      Must take a better look when I have more time.

Comment

Everything is not working as it should. On boot after update to 425 HS3 crashed on all attempts when loading plugins.
        After disabling all plugins from settings.ini I can enable one ofter one, but one the last ones the status says: INFO: Plugin start is pending

If I look in the tast manager I can see several instances for each plugin that's running and got this status.

Comment

Wow! What happended?
          HS3 is flying fast!

I'm keeping an eye on it, but so far I'm impressed.
          Took quite a while until all plugins were started, but the interface is incredible fluent now. No waiting at all with my 1138 devices an 418 events.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by iceball View Post
            Everything is not working as it should. On boot after update to 425 HS3 crashed on all attempts when loading plugins.
            After disabling all plugins from settings.ini I can enable one ofter one, but one the last ones the status says: INFO: Plugin start is pending

If I look in the tast manager I can see several instances for each plugin that's running and got this status.
            You wouldn't happen to use a multi instance plugin, say, like the Squeezebox plugin?
            I start the Squeezebox plugin last, which makes both HS3 and Squeezebox happier for some reason.

I've made a Shutdown.vb script for it:
            Code:
            Sub Main(parm As Object)
                Dim plugins As String = hs.GetINISetting("settings", "io_interfaces", "", "settings.ini")
                Dim setAtEnd As String = ",SqueezeBox:"
                hs.SaveINISetting("settings", "io_interfaces", plugins.Replace(setAtEnd, "") & setAtEnd, "settings.ini")
            End Sub

At the bottom of Tools -> Setup -> Custom, change "Shutdown.txt" to "Shutdown.vb".
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Okay, I also have a plugin showing up as "INFO: Plugin start is pending". However, the plugin (TextSeer) works perfectly without problems.

Comment

And then, suddenly crash:

Faulting application name: HS3.exe, version: 3.0.0.425, time stamp: 0x5ace2b62
                Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.2633.0, time stamp: 0x5a4ed482
                Exception code: 0xc00000fd
                Fault offset: 0x000176a8
                Faulting process ID: 0x33dc
                Faulting application start time: 0x01d3d23154033307
                Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HS3.exe
                Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
                Report ID: b01855d9-f952-4f4e-af00-b7531bbf531f
                Faulting package full name:
                Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comment

Originally posted by iceball View Post
                  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
                  ... indicates that you might need to run a Repair on the .NET Framework.
                  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=30135

... but then again, maybe not. As 0xc00000fd is STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    Okay, I also have a plugin showing up as "INFO: Plugin start is pending". However, the plugin (TextSeer) works perfectly without problems.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

I am still missing the possibility to select the control use Color on the graphics tab? I thought this should be enabled in this release?

Wim
                      Attached Files
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        I saw that post and started looking into it. The problem is that we don't know exactly why HS is not responding, so we kill the EXE. I am not sure why its causing a database error. It might be possible to try to send a signal to the app to have it shut down gracefully, but if its in a bad state, this won't work. So I guess we could then just wait a bit and if it does not shut down, then kill the exe.

It will take some testing to see what the best method is.

It appears that HSSentry was not restarting the app after it killed the EXE, and that was fixed in build 425.
                        No that is not what is happening for me. There are 2 components to this problem.

1) HSSentry is looking for HS on the wrong network adapter (because it's not looking at the HS config for the correctly bound HS adapter), and because it cannot find it, HSSentry kills HS. In my case HSSentry had no problems restarting HS, and in fact this kill/restart loop continues forever.

2) HSSentry is ripping HS out of memory, in a violent manner. Which will cause db corrupts. It's no different then just pulling the power on an HS hosted machine. Eventual the db will corrupt.

The immediate fix for me is to have HSSentry use the bound HS network adapter. That will at least allow me to use the sentry when HS does properly crash.
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          The plugins are started sequentially and it’s more explicit now. If you watch the log and the plugin management page you should see the management page drop the pending warning as the log shows that the plugin has finished starting up.
                          Yes, I gathered as much. But that doesn't seem to happen for this plugin.

But then again, I have the source. I'll look into it.

EDIT: This is weird.
                          Code:
                          apr-12 10:56:46	 	Starting Plug-In	Plugin TextSeer started successfully in 15 milliseconds
                          apr-12 10:56:46	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin TextSeer ...
                          ... But still:

It has to be a bug.

Comment

I plan on upgrading my Alexa (V2 API) skill to the new HomeSeer SmartHome (V3 API) Skill soon (once I get some free time). Before I do that, if I upgrade from 368 to 425 but I continue to use the older Alexa skill, will it work like before, or will I be required to make a lot of changes, so I'm better off upgrading to 425 and the V3 Alexa skill at the same time?

Comment

A restart of the HS3 system here is reason for worries. System is still starting here. waiting now for 15 minutes) and lots of errors occur, mentioning duplicate plugins and loads of Zwave errors

I do not think this is going well here...

Code:
                              pr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave	Zwave.me UZB: ======================================================================
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave	Zwave.me UZB: Exiting COM Device Thread
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Warning	Z-Wave Interface Zwave.me UZB (Node 1) on Network 0000016D was initialized and is being RE-initialized.
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin Restart ...
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Starting Plug-In	Plugin Z-Wave started successfully in 342 milliseconds
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Warning	Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of help. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance:
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Warning	Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of ZWaveWho. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance:
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Warning	Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of ZWaveScenes. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance:
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Warning	Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of ZWaveControllers. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance:
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave	0 total Z-Wave Data Objects loaded.
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	ERROR: Device from database FAILED being added to the DataManager: Keuken Zwave Temperature (CHILD), Node=14, Ref=4242
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	Z-Wave device with reference number 4242 cannot be added to the data manager because that reference ID already exists and exists in HomeSeer.
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	ERROR: Device from database FAILED being added to the DataManager: Keuken Zwave Heat Alarm (CHILD), Node=14, Ref=4241
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	Z-Wave device with reference number 4241 cannot be added to the data manager because that reference ID already exists and exists in HomeSeer.
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	ERROR: Device from database FAILED being added to the DataManager: Keuken Zwave Smoke Alarm (CHILD), Node=14, Ref=4240
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	Z-Wave device with reference number 4240 cannot be added to the data manager because that reference ID already exists and exists in HomeSeer.
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	ERROR: Device from database FAILED being added to the DataManager: Keuken Zwave General Purpose Alarm (CHILD), Node=14, Ref=4239
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	Z-Wave device with reference number 4239 cannot be added to the data manager because that reference ID already exists and exists in HomeSeer.
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	ERROR: Device from database FAILED being added to the DataManager: Keuken Zwave System Notification (CHILD), Node=14, Ref=4238
                              apr-12 13:44:52	 	Z-Wave Error	Z-Wave device with reference number 4238 cannot be added to the data manager because that reference ID already exists and exists in HomeSeer.
                              Earlier in the log:

Code:
                              apr-12 13:43:50	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin Buienradar ...
                              apr-12 13:43:50	 	Info	Plugin Pushover 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52241
                              apr-12 13:43:50	 	Info	Plugin JowiHue has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52239
                              apr-12 13:43:50	 	Warning	I/O interface Pushover 3P is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                              apr-12 13:43:50	 	Warning	I/O interface JowiHue is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                              apr-12 13:43:50	 	Error	Initializing plug-in(2): Restart Instance::De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.STACK: bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.PropagateIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) bij HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) bij Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                              apr-12 13:43:33	 	HSTouch Server	Client has DISCONNECTED.
                              apr-12 13:43:33	 	HSTouch Server	Client (192.168.1.5/1113) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
                              apr-12 13:43:33	 	HSTouch Server Warning	Client dropped connection 192.168.1.5/1113
                              apr-12 13:43:22	 	HSTouch Server	Opening connection from:192.168.1.5/1113
                              apr-12 13:43:20	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin Restart ...
                              apr-12 13:43:20	 	Error	Initializing plug-in(2): Z-Wave Instance::De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.STACK: bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.PropagateIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) bij HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) bij Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                              apr-12 13:43:19	 	Info	Plugin Restart with instance: has disconnected
                              apr-12 13:42:50	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin Z-Wave ...
                              apr-12 13:42:50	 	Error	Initializing plug-in(2): SqueezeBox Instance::De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.STACK: bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.PropagateIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) bij HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) bij Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                              apr-12 13:42:48	 	Info	Plugin weatherXML with instance: has disconnected
                              apr-12 13:42:21	 	Info	Plugin JowiHue with instance: has disconnected
                              apr-12 13:42:20	 	HSTouch Server	Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.3

Wim
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                                ... indicates that you might need to run a Repair on the .NET Framework.
                                https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=30135

... but then again, maybe not. As 0xc00000fd is STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW.
                                Didn't help =(

From the startup log it looks like a problem with the Find service?
                                12.04.2018 14.24.32 ~!~Startup~!~Starting Find service...

Comment

Working...
                                X