Motorized blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorized blinds

We are using a somfy motor with our shades and their zwave rts interface, it works pretty well.

Comment

I think you need to head your big orange box store and get Bali autoview shades. They are z-wave plus and work great with homeseer.

I posted here on them.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...highlight=bali

Comment

That thread looks helpful indeed. I like thst the blinds can be powered by either battery or 12v wired power. Now to go see what different blinds they have. Thank you!

Comment

I couldn't justify spending 300/blind so I got MySmartBlinds, it can't connect to HomeSeer but for $130 a window, it's a viable option for me.

When I first installed it, I almost rip it all out and return it. However, after a week with it, I come to realized, the point is to put the blinds on schedule so I don't have to think about it, a month later, I totally forgot about the blinds completely.

When I wake up, the blinds are open, when sunset, the blind closes.

They promise a hub to allow the blinds to work with Google Home and Alex but I'm not sure if it's worth the 100 bucks for the hub that's just a bluetooth/wifi device to control just the blinds.

Comment

Looks like Bali Autoview is likely the way to go for me. I think it meets the right price-vs-functionality marker for me. Certainly more expensive than things like MySmartBlinds, but nothing like as expensive as Hunter-Douglas, and the ability to natively attach to homeseer via Z-wave is the bomb. Not to mention the ability to direct power where available, but load up on battery where needed. Thanks everyone!

Comment

I ordered my Bali Autoview Cellular Shades from Costco (Canada) and installed myself. Costco frequently has 20% off Bali Shades/Blinds.

Regards,

Comment

What kind of pricing are we talking about? I went to Costco.ca to look but there is no indication of pricing. I realize of course that this is size dependent, but just looking for a ballpark. As well, do the blinds come with the motor drive any everything required integrated into the frame as well - z-wave et all?

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Axis

I just came across this:
                  https://www.helloaxis.com/
                  which is an aftermarket shade controller. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it a candidate for HS3 automation?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    I just came across this:
                    https://www.helloaxis.com/
                    which is an aftermarket shade controller. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it a candidate for HS3 automation?
                    No direct experience.....

Axis is crowd funded. and just starting to ship product to their first set of contributors. I was part of their funding back when they were going to support Z-Wave. A few months ago they decided to pull the support for Z-Wave. They offered a refund and I took it. At this point they are only supporting bluetooth and/or zigbee.

I took the refund and bought more MOVEZ blind controllers. They too are crowd funded and have yet to ship their product, but they are real close.

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                      No direct experience.....

Axis is crowd funded. and just starting to ship product to their first set of contributors. I was part of their funding back when they were going to support Z-Wave. A few months ago they decided to pull the support for Z-Wave. They offered a refund and I took it. At this point they are only supporting bluetooth and/or zigbee.

I took the refund and bought more MOVEZ blind controllers. They too are crowd funded and have yet to ship their product, but they are real close.

Comment

Working...
                      X