Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Events to turn on AC only when Humidity high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events to turn on AC only when Humidity high?

I'm looking for the best way to set up Events in HS3 to only set the AC to 80 degrees when the Humidity is 62% or greater, otherwise turn off AC. I have a 2nd home in Florida with 3 - 2Gig CT100 thermostats.

1) Below is how I have the event set but I think there must be a better way, I also need to have a separate event to turn AC Off if humidity is less than 62%

2) What happens if humidity is exactly 62% (I don't see an equal to or greater than option)

3) Is it not possible to combine this into one event? If humidity is greater than 62% set ac to on & 80degrees OR IF humidity is less than 62% turn AC off, I am unable to drag the OR IF statement after the first Then statement?

Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated. (also how do I embed the screenshot directly into a post?) thanks

IF Thermostat Living Area Liv Area Relative Humidity was set and has a value that is greater than 62 %

Then Set Device Thermostat Living Area Liv Area Thermostat AC/Heat to Cool

Then Set Device Thermostat Living Area Liv Area Thermostat Cooling Setpoint to 80 F

Originally posted by rayvino View Post
    I'm looking for the best way to set up Events in HS3 to only set the AC to 80 degrees when the Humidity is 62% or greater, otherwise turn off AC. I have a 2nd home in Florida with 3 - 2Gig CT100 thermostats.

1) Below is how I have the event set but I think there must be a better way, I also need to have a separate event to turn AC Off if humidity is less than 62%

2) What happens if humidity is exactly 62% (I don't see an equal to or greater than option)

3) Is it not possible to combine this into one event? If humidity is greater than 62% set ac to on & 80degrees OR IF humidity is less than 62% turn AC off, I am unable to drag the OR IF statement after the first Then statement?

Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated. (also how do I embed the screenshot directly into a post?) thanks

IF Thermostat Living Area Liv Area Relative Humidity was set and has a value that is greater than 62 %

Then Set Device Thermostat Living Area Liv Area Thermostat AC/Heat to Cool

Then Set Device Thermostat Living Area Liv Area Thermostat Cooling Setpoint to 80 F
    I think you are on exactly the right track. You would need two events. Set the "On" event to kick-in when the humidity is >61% and the "Off" event to kick in when humidity is <62% - assuming that the humidity is measure in integers.

I have a Nest t-stat and they just added humidity to the API and Spud has implemented that in his Plugin, however, the Nest only reports humidity change every 5% !!
    cheeryfool

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X