Can't pull up Touch thermostat screen with Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't pull up Touch thermostat screen with Nest

So since I don't use it much, it's been awhile and I'm not sure when it started, but for some time now I've realized that I can't get the Climate Thermostat screen on HS3Touch. It's the stock screen, and when I touch climate, simply nothing happens. All other buttons work.

I double checked the screen in Designer and it appears everything is fine, so I'm *assuming* (perhaps I shouldn't assume?) that there's something broken between it and the Nest plugin.

Any ideas where to start looking? The Logs show me nothing. I tried doing detailed Touch logs and don't see anything there either....

regards,

Paul

just tested this again, and it works here.

one way I know something like that can happen is if you hide the root device thermostat (the one that says online/offline) from the device management screen.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      one way I know something like that can happen is if you hide the root device thermostat (the one that says online/offline) from the device management screen.
      Progress - indeed, that was it - I had the root device hidden. Unhid it and I can get the Climate screen.

NOW, the next issue - the climate screen is back, but it's not getting any data. Current status shows N/A, heat shows Heat, cold shows Cold, rather than numbers. Hold mode shows MODE, and Hold Fan shows FAN.

Any suggestions on that? In the Web UI, the Nest components all show correct numbers.....

regards,

Paul

Comment

do you have other devices hidden?

Comment

do you have other devices hidden?
          I did, so I tried un-hiding all of the thermostat devices. Didn't make a difference, so I hid the other ones again. So basically I'm showing Ambient temp and the root device....

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
            I did, so I tried un-hiding all of the thermostat devices. Didn't make a difference, so I hid the other ones again. So basically I'm showing Ambient temp and the root device....

Paul
            you shouldn't hide any of the Nest devices. Unhide them all, then restart HS so that the HSTouch plugin rescan them, then reopen HSTouch or your mobile device.

Comment

you shouldn't hide any of the Nest devices. Unhide them all, then restart HS so that the HSTouch plugin rescan them, then reopen HSTouch or your mobile device.
              Hmm... Didn't seem to make a difference. I un-hid all of the thermostat devices:

Then after unhiding I restarted HS3, then went to my phone, killed HS3touch and restarted it. Still getting no data, just N/A, etc....

Paul

Comment

Bump. I'm open to any and all ideas as to why I don't get thermostat info on my Stock Climate screen in HS3touch. My devices look like the screen shot in the previous post above, and when I go to Climate in HS3Touch I just get N/A - none of the various status windows display info..... (heat/cool/Mode/Fan).

Paul

Comment

Did you maybe enable the option "Hide device from mobile devices" in the properties of the device?

Wim
                  Attached Files
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    Did you maybe enable the option "Hide device from mobile devices" in the properties of the device?
                    I just double checked and can confirm that all components for the thermostat are visible both for general view and mobile view. Also double checked that 'Any' user can see all components.

regards,

Paul

Comment

Just to try to rule out config issue, I just deleted and re-added (including re-authorizing) my thermostat, net new. Then went and deleted hs3touch on my phone and re-installed a clean app with default project.

Still get nothing on the Climate screen.

To be clear - none of the thermostat devices are hidden (when they were hidden I couldn't even get climate page to come up), default config. Everything looks like it's working correctly in webui. But just N/As in the climate page on my phone...

regards,

Paul

Comment

Woah. Ok, this was interesting. I just did the following:

1. opened hs3touch
                        2. touched "climate" screen. Got just N/As
                        3. went to devices, went to the hallway, touched "Living Room Thermostat"
                        4. Actually got a Climate screen with correct info, can control it, etc.
                        5. Went back to Home screen.
                        6. touched the Home screen Climate page. LOOK. I have correct data.
                        7. Exit hs3touch
                        8. go back into hs3touch - Climate page is now N/A for data again.

regards,

Paul

Comment

Did some more testing based on that. It appears that what is really happening is that it takes some time for the data to come up.

If I open the client and click on climate, I get n/a.

If I open the client, wait 5 seconds (starting after Getting Data finishes and the home screen comes up) and then click on climate, I get data.

So I guess I just need to be a little bit patient....

Comment

Working...
                          X