TPLink Smarthome Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _ThaNerd_ View Post
    Will this work with the iHome leak sensor?
    This is the sub forum for TP Link devices.

The problem with wifi devices is that they are all very brand specific, so finding one plugin that works with many vendors is really too much to ask. I don't think there's currently a plugin for iHome devices that I'm aware of.

Comment

My apologies.
      I was traveling/work/etc.
      I will post a newer version which will hopefully get rid of the object reference issue.

I don't think this will work on the iLeak. Is it a TPlink device?
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
        My apologies.
        I will post a newer version which will hopefully get rid of the object reference issue.

Yay? Thanks jesv! Really appreciate it... I wish I had more time to be of help.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

This one: https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ihome-wi-fi-leak-sensor/12322790

My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by _ThaNerd_ View Post
            That's not tplink not would it be possible to connect to it because it's battery operated and only wakes to come online to report or in the event of an alarm.
            I have that connected to IFTTT to do other things when alarm triggers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

My apologies.

Glad you're back. Hopefully the travel/work wasn't too bad. I know how it can be sometimes though.

Update: I've only had a couple of issues of run away process. I haven't been able to force it or reproduce it though. Guessing it seems to happen when a plug is not reachable for a period of time. How much time is the unknown.

When it does go crazy it consumes all the CPU. I stop it and start it and all is good.

There's still the verbose error logging, but I don't mind as I don't stare at my logs all day.

Comment

Hi wondering if there is a fix?

Comment

Posting a fix now. It is version 18.6.9
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                    Glad you're back. Hopefully the travel/work wasn't too bad. I know how it can be sometimes though.

Update: I've only had a couple of issues of run away process. I haven't been able to force it or reproduce it though. Guessing it seems to happen when a plug is not reachable for a period of time. How much time is the unknown.

When it does go crazy it consumes all the CPU. I stop it and start it and all is good.

There's still the verbose error logging, but I don't mind as I don't stare at my logs all day.

I don't think the runaway cpu is fixed. I've been running it for a few days without issue but I've added some logging to hopefully help me isolate it.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I don't think the runaway cpu is fixed. I've been running it for a few days without issue but I've added some logging to hopefully help me isolate it.
                      I've installed the latest from post #1. I'll let it run and see what happens.

Comment

I installed the latest version and still having issues. Now when the plugin created the device it named it "no name in config". When i turn the device on or off I get this error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin TPLinkSmartHome:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The device will say it is on in homeseer but the lights does not turn on.

Also I have noticed there still is no Tplink tab when i click on the device.

Thanks

Comment

What type of tplink device? A plug or bulb?
                          Any chance you can send me a screenshot?
                          Also, do you have only on network card on your computer?
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have HS200 wall switches,
                            My computer is connected via ethernet
                            I wasn't sure what screen shots you wanted so I tried to get everything I could think of.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Switch

I have a switch that I will install this weekend to try to make sure it works.
                              I will let you know then. Sorry for the late reply. I traveling and I am just now catching up.
                              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Hi jasv. Have you been able to isolate the problem that maxes out the CPU usage? The plugin was working well for me aside from that issue. Thanks for working on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X