HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry Virginian View Post
    I could only pin device. Could not pin an event. Was I supposed to be able to?
    Go to the event screen and find the event you want to add to your dashboard. Then, touch the ">" to the right of the event name. A menu will pop up with options to "Add to Dashboard" or "Run Event".
    šŸ’ā€ā™‚ļø Support & Customer Service šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø Sales Questions šŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsā€‹

Comment

Good application, but no support for extented caracteres (Arm?, or D?sarm?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180730-133519.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1237175
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jfla; July 30, 2018, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Feature Request:

I would really like it if Homeseer added a Geofencing feature to this app. (I know about IFTTT). If a global variable could be set at the server to say you are home or away the events could fire based on that status.

GPS / home address would be nice to set the status but even if Homeseer could check that you are connected to your home WiFi would be just as good, in my world.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks

Not sure if that'll be added into the Mobile App. If it does that's great one less plugin to run.

There are already Geofencing plugins available. HSBuddy, PHLocation, Life360
          Personally, I'm using IFTTT. with iOS, with two phones and scenes to manage a 'presence' - See this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/node/104182
          Not sure how it works with Android but since updating to iOS 11, the OS itself seems to be managing geofence and it has been very reliable as of late. I also use IFTTT to send instant push notifications to the phone. I'll write a post elsewhere on how to send IFTTT notifications reliably with IFTTT.

Comment

Suggestion for the App.

Currently, you allow the user to select a "Primary Device" (For a multi-sensor you can select "Temperature" for example)
            It would be great if you could allow a "Secondary Device" as well (On the same dialog box you could display "Temperature" and "Battery" level

Comment

I also would like to add more than the primary device to a widget ie: temp, humidity and battery.

Comment

Found a feature today I would like. In Events being able to "disable" an event from mobile would be very convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                  Found a feature today I would like. In Events being able to "disable" an event from mobile would be very convenient.
                  I've had this need and would like to see this as well.
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                    Good application, but no support for extented caracteres (Arm?, or D?sarm?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180730-133519.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1237175
                    Corrected in Beta 3.8

Jean-Francois.

Comment

I start looking at this interface and I need to say it is a good start, I understand the intent is not to make it the full design mobile app but I have a couple of suggestion

1- actually there are 3 sizes of widget we can move to the dashboard, I would add a 4th size that would be half the height size of the small one. I would use those as image status only widget for my alarm zones, that way I could have 4 widget in the space of one medium size widget

2-as everyone, I need the share option for the dash board

3-i would suggest that somewhere in the config we could block Acces to device,events and camera tab and only have the dashboard accessible

4-would be very interesting beau g able to create an event on the go

thanks for reading me

Comment

Great app.

Please develop a method to export/import dashboards so that they can be shared among devices without having to set up the same dashboard multiple times.
                        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Enhancement request: Let device names span (word-wrap) to next line. I have a number of devices whose names don't fit in the width of slim or medium size widgets, but the slim and medium size widgets are tall enough that there is sufficient room if the device's name were to span to the next line.

For example, on a medium size widget, instead of showing:

"Security Sys..."

it should show:

"Security
                          System"

Comment

Very nice first release of HomeSeer Mobile. While using the initial release of Homeseer Mobile this past week, Iā€™ve been taking notes on enhancements Iā€™d like to see. Sorry if some of my requests had been mentioned before (but mentioning them again will help serve to highlight how multiple people want similar enhancements. Not clear if I should have started a new thread since this thread was started long before the initial release of HomeSeer Mobile. Or, if I should open a ticket with the enhancement requests.

Anyway, hereā€™s my wish list (I use iOS):
                            1. Let device names word wrap to 2nd line if names are too long to fit in the width of the widget. Better than just cutting short the device name
                            2. Give option of showing Room but not Location. Currently, displaying both or neither are the only options.
                            3. When Floor | Room text donā€™t fit in the same line, word wrap to the next line. This is already being done for slim widgets but not for medium widgets.
                            4. Whether connecting via MyHS or DDNS name or IP, use same profile transparently so they use the same Dashboards.
                            5. When viewing all rooms, the Devices page should sortthe devices by room, and within a room, sort by the device names (just like HS3Touch). More user friendly than sorting by just device name.
                            6. I have hundreds of events. When viewing events, only show event groups at the top level and then let the user expand an event group to see its events, like HS3Touch.
                            7. If a parent (root) device is hidden but not its child devices, show child devices ungrouped in the Device list (currently, the behavior is to not show the child devices if the root/parent device is hidden). For example, it is inconvenient and unaesthetic to view logically unrelated HSM200 child devices in grouped format since its child devices are not really related to each other (temp, motion, luminance, night light). . Iā€™d like to just see its child devices in the same level as standalone devices so I can see temperature, etc. without having to dig deeper. Now some child devices like energy devices should be grouped together. Howver, if a parent is not hidden, group it with any child devices that havenā€™t been hidden. For grouped devices, the root (parent) device doesnā€™t have status. No point in showing the text ā€œNo Statusā€ for root devices in the GUI.
                            8. Events should not be shown by default (most family members donā€™t need to run them). Additional enhancement is to let the admin select which events to show. Fancier enhancement on top of this is to let administrator select which users can see what events.
                            9. Give ability to show devices in a Dashboard similar to how they look in the Device list. For example, Thermostats, and any devices that have more than 3 controls, should be displayable in a dashboard similar to how they look in the Device page. Showing 3x3 gray grid in Dashboard is not intuitive/aesthetically pleasing for many widgets if it can be avoided.
                            10. In addition to Slim, Medium, and Wide widget sizes, it would be nice to have more size options. For example, a size that is the same width as the current medium sized widget, but half its height.
                            11. Show more of a cameraā€™s image/video. When viewing phone in landscape mode, camera should fill up the phone display (assuming video is widescreen format). When viewing phone in portrait mode, camera should take up width of phone.
                            12. Maybe not entirely a HomeSeer Mobile request, but adding cameras just lets you see their streams and there is no other camera integration. It would be better if one can actually use them as part of vents (like take snapshots or start recording).
                            13. Fanciest enhancement: Have a Status page, similar to the iOS Home App. The status page would dynamically update to show devices that are not in their ā€œrestingā€ state. For example, it will show any lights that are on, any unlocked locks, any open doors or windows, any triggered motion sensors, alarms that are on, devices that were tampered with, etc. Basically anything out of the ordinary will automatically show up in the Status page, and will automatically be removed when the device turns off or goes back to its normal state. By default, certain device types should be in Status page when their states are not normal, but let users pick what devices to not show in Status page. To me, this is a killer feature of Appleā€™s Home app (I use Homebridge). The Status page saves me the time from having to scroll through many pages of devices to see if there are any lights on or doors unlocked or open or any devices in a not-ordinary, not-resting state. Having a Status page provides a quick couple of second glimpse of the homeā€™s current state as opposed to having to scroll through hundreds of widgets in a Device list. This feature may be under- appreciated for those who arenā€™t used to it, but IMO the best feature with the iOS Home App once you get used to having it. (That and Siri, but thatā€™s another topic). A status page can also help reduce the number if custom dashboard pages.
                            14. Have option to provide a notification (so it shows up in iPhone even if the Mobile Dashboard is not in foreground). If a device changes state, output a notification. User can select which devices should send notification (mainly locks, doors).. Another feature I like about iOS Home App.
                            15. Ability to transparently use the same dashboard for the same user (or optionally for other users) across different devices without having to do manual syncing.
                            16. How to make dashboard widgets representing locks or deadbolts use toggle button for Lock and Unlock? My locks and deadbolts have their Control Use assigned for lick and unlock, but their dashboard widgets donā€™t use a toggle button.
                            17. Support login via DDNS server name (Myhs not required).
                            18. Geofencing built in (I use PHLocation)
                            19. Text support built in (support different levels like emergencyā€™ high, normal, low priority). I use Pushover.
                            20. Apple Watch integration with Homeseer Mobile

Comment

I referred to the following enhancement request in another thread (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...status-to-show) but in order to keep feature requests consolidated in this thread, I'm mentioning this request here as well:

There should be a way to display which child device should be the primary device amongst a group of child devices. Yeah, this can be done for widgets in the dashboard, but I have many devices and I don't necessarily want to put every one of them in a dashboard (the Dashboard is supposed to be dashboard and not the kitchen sink :-) ). I would like to see certain devices in the Device list with my chosen primary device (which doesn't necessarily match what HomeSeer developers think should be the primary device). For example, I don't want the HSM200 sensor's Color to be the primary device. I want its Motion sensor to be the primary device.

I don't know how HomeSeer Mobile decides which device should be the primary device, but often it isn't the one that I would like to see as the primary device. In addition, I have a number of devices that HomeSeer Mobile displays in the Devices list as "No Status" since HomeSeer Mobile doesn't assign a child device as the primary device. The items below, which have multiple child devices, don't have a Primary Device assigned, so they show up with status "No Status" in the Devices list:

- Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (ZW100)

- Zooz ZEN15 Power Switch

- Fibaro FGFS-101 ZW5 Z-Wave Flood Sensor

There should be a way, from the HS3 Web GUI, to select which device, amongst child devices, should be the primary device. Ideally this should be done from the HS3 Web GUI so the definition of which device is the Primary device does not have to be repeated for every iOS device running HomeSeer Mobile.

Comment

I also have a feature request :

Can you guys add a better voice command system n android that works with ok google ?
                                just like autovoice does?

autovoice captures the ok google phrases and sends them to that app..

For example : you say, Ok google, tell homeseer to turn on (my light)..
                                and it responds with a customizable phrase

this is really a feature i want because autovoice is having problems with tasker...

regards
                                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Working...
                                X