This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Commands for Insteon

I am new to Homeseer and I am trying to set up voice commands for my Insteon dimmer switch that controls my bedroom fan and voice commands for my bedroom ceiling fan. I think I understand the phrases I need to use but I don't know where to go in the Homeseer menu to set the device property that enables it to accept voice commands. I also don't know where in Homeseer to type in the command phrases. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by rcourtney002@ec.rr.com View Post
    I am new to Homeseer and I am trying to set up voice commands for my Insteon dimmer switch that controls my bedroom fan and voice commands for my bedroom ceiling fan. I think I understand the phrases I need to use but I don't know where to go in the Homeseer menu to set the device property that enables it to accept voice commands. I also don't know where in Homeseer to type in the command phrases. Can anyone help?
    you just need to check the "Voice command" on the device property page. the voice command is just the location + device name + command, such as "office lights on"
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks mnsandler. I checked the "Voice command" on the device property page but I don't see where I should type in the command phrases to control the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by rcourtney002@ec.rr.com View Post
        Thanks mnsandler. I checked the "Voice command" on the device property page but I don't see where I should type in the command phrases to control the lights.
        for the device scenario we discussed earlier, you just speak the location + devicename + cmd, ie "office lights off"

if you create an event, you can then set a voice command to run the event.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X