Choosing a system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing a system

I just purchased a new controller that has HS3 built into it.

I am now in search of an alarm panel and controllers.

I want to put visual video type panels in all bedrooms (4) and have camera access on each one.

I use Insteon and am moving toward Hue.

I have wired doors now, but will do wireless if needed.

I am starting from scratch..

What systems are the best in today's market for someone replacing their DSC? I am looking at Honeywell Vista and one other model.

Any thoughts?

Scott

Why would you replace your DSC? This is one of the better systems available and is easy to interface with HS3 as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Replacing DSC

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Why would you replace your DSC? This is one of the better systems available and is easy to interface with HS3 as well.
      I was hoping for more mobile access to my alarm and I really want to know who just disarmed the DSC. My understanding is that when I put in my disarm code, that I have no way to tell the system that "Scott" just came home and that he wants to fire off an event to set lights and stuff.

I may be wrong, as the plug is I use is a really old one that is no longer available. Maybe when I get 3.0 homeseer the new plug in would do that.

Scott

Comment

There was support in HS2....

On the contrary -
        while I was using HS2 it integrated nicely to my DSC alarm and did exactly what you are looking for - told me about whom just armed or disarmed the alarm (or rather which user code that was used).

That functionality is now broken in HS3 and the new version of the plugin..

Comment

Working...
        X