This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Losing COM Connection

I had a PLM working for about 3 years... I thought it died and bought a new one... It's the same 2413U... I'm having the same issues with the new one where it loses communication to the COM port... If I reset the PLM, reset the HS3 software it will work for a few minutes then goes into a cannot connect state... The software tries to reset and sometimes works however seems very unstable. I removed all other com port accessories and even tried changing the com port and still nothing... I also switched USB ports and even replaced the USB cable... Any thoughts as to whether it is a PC issue or a PLM issue?

Thanks!
    Ryan
    Attached Files

Lets try the following

add PortType=USB to the [config] section of the insteon.ini, and restart the plugin

this will config the plugin to use the FTDI driver instead of the MS serial port drivers.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I think that did it! I'm reprogramming the new device now. Will let you know if I run into any other issues!

Thanks Mark!
      Ryan

Comment

Mark -

Looks like there are still communication errors. I uploaded the error log. After it quit, I restarted HS and it ran an event and lost communication again.

Thanks!
        Ryan
        Attached Files

Comment

Ryan,
          there might be a noisy device on the powerline flooding the PLM so it can't respond to the plugin. Check the plm led to see if it is flashing excessively even when the plugin isn't running.

also, try running an extension cord from the plm to an outlet near the service panel and retest
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark. Will check tonight. Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X