Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIMO2+ not reflecting status of relays - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIMO2+ not reflecting status of relays - Solved!

Hi All....

I got a MIMO2+ that I want to simply control the relay outputs.
    I set Parameters 1&2 to 0 in order to latch the relays. All other parameters remain at their default.
    The relays respond to On/Off commands and work as expected.

The only problem is that Homeseer doesnt reflect their status, it always stays "Unknown" as shown below.

Would appreciate any pointers as I would like to use the status values in events.

This is what is shown in the log:

Jan-08 9:32:57 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 4 Set to INVALID VALUE
    Jan-08 9:32:57 PM Device Control Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 4 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-08 9:32:55 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 4 Set to INVALID VALUE
    Jan-08 9:32:54 PM Device Control Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 4 to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-08 9:32:53 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 3 Set to INVALID VALUE
    Jan-08 9:32:53 PM Device Control Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 3 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-08 9:32:49 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 3 Set to INVALID VALUE
    Jan-08 9:32:49 PM Device Control Device: Z-Wave Switch Binary 3 to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Last edited by mikepetro; January 9, 2018, 05:36 PM.

In my experience MIMO2+ does not work correctly with HomeSeer. HomeSeer does not detect all devices properly and notifications are broken. I had an open case with FortrezZ and Canadian distributor Aartech about it. They were, presumably, in touch with HomeSeer and in the end I had to return it, since they could not make it work.

Such a shame since device looks very useful. MIMOLite, on the other hand, works fine, but you need two of them to cover what MIMO2+ can do.

Comment

Originally posted by crab987 View Post
      In my experience MIMO2+ does not work correctly with HomeSeer. HomeSeer does not detect all devices properly and notifications are broken. I had an open case with FortrezZ and Canadian distributor Aartech about it. They were, presumably, in touch with HomeSeer and in the end I had to return it, since they could not make it work.

Such a shame since device looks very useful. MIMOLite, on the other hand, works fine, but you need two of them to cover what MIMO2+ can do.
      Ugggh, that would be a shame. I was hopeful this would be an elegant solution.

Before buying two MimoLites I would just buy another Inovelli Z-Wave module which has 2 individually controlled outlets and is only $30 and use them to pull in old fashioned 120v relays.

Comment

FortrezZ support, and Home Controls support, both got back with me. Kudos to both of them!

Per FortrezZ's recommendation, excluding and adding it back as a non-secure node worked. I get status notifications now.

Comment

Interesting, I just found this on a website description. Dont recall seeing it in any of the documentation. It would fit why my unit started working after I excluded and included it again, as I didnt do this after initially changing parameters 1&2.

"If you want to switch from latching to momentary, or vice versa, but you have already enrolled the module into your Z-Wave controller, you need to first un-enroll the module from your controller, then enroll it again in order to switch to your desired function."

Comment

trouble including mimo2

Originally posted by mikepetro View Post
            Interesting, I just found this on a website description. Dont recall seeing it in any of the documentation. It would fit why my unit started working after I excluded and included it again, as I didnt do this after initially changing parameters 1&2.

"If you want to switch from latching to momentary, or vice versa, but you have already enrolled the module into your Z-Wave controller, you need to first un-enroll the module from your controller, then enroll it again in order to switch to your desired function."

Mike I am having trouble including mimo2 into homeseer. I get the one blinking light after I push the button once with homeseer in include mode. but it does nothing. any pointers?

Comment

Working...
            X