Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cannot retrigger for" not working with voice command

Hi all

I am new to HS and have installed hs2 to test it. I setup 1 (manual trigger) event as a test, it waited for a "test" phrase to be spoken ( speaker client on local machine ) and then replied with a confirmation phrase. It worked fine but when i set the "cannot retrigger for" box to 60 seconds I was able to re trigger the event again within the time ? Should HS have ignored the attempt to trigger the event for the time specified or am i misunderstanding its use.

I have not checked if this only happens with voice commands, I will check when i get home tonight.

Thanks

Mark.

Mark,
    My guess is that a voice command is similar to a manual trigger and therefore doesn't honor the do not trigger setting. I know I have several timed and conditional events that use the "do not trigger within" and they work as expected. Now the question is - does this work as designed or is it a bug?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp

I think you may be right, it kinda makes sense to consider it as a manual trigger. As there is an easy work-around should I want to use this functionality, its no big deal. I just wish I had seen a reference to events which didn't honour the "retrigger " time setting, in the help files.

Regards
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X