Graphing Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your suggestions Michael.

Jon, I've been using your virtual graphing utility for the quick spot check graphing.
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions... mcsTemperature looks real cool. Now I just need to decide whether I go out an purchase this plugin or if there is any benefit to using the RFXCom plugin with it's inline charting....

I too use Jon's graphing utility as well for the my TXB16 temp...

Rob
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

To be clear, the Control chart I showed was done with xapmcsChart. mcsTemperature contains similiar charting capabilities as xapmcsChart, but I'm not certain if it has the 3-D presentation. xapmcsChart can only be used in conjunction with mcsXap and xapmcsDatabase. These are oriented to a distributed environment while HS is more oriented toward a centralized one.

xapmcsChart does have a browser-based GUI to setup and display charts, but its real focus is to accept dynamic chart building requests to produce images that are used in other presentations such as something like HSTouch or digital frames.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Gee stevea... that's nice. Would you like to share your code?
          I almost forgot.

Like I said, this won't work out of the box, but maybe it can show you some of the stuff you can do with the ChartDirector libraries. I'm also providing the full page to show the other controls the ASPX uses.

Steve
          Attached Files

Comment

Steve, you shared this code a year or so ago. I have been using it ever since. It did take some work to get it going, but it was well worth my time. I currently use it for monitoring around 18 temp sensors.

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.
            Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
              Steve, you shared this code a year or so ago.
              I did?! Wow, I hate getting old.
              Originally posted by bdraper View Post
              Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.
              You're welcome!

Steve

Comment

Error with Temperature_plot.aspx

When I try to run this I get the following error:
                =================================================
                Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'netchartdir' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 5: <%@ Import Namespace="ChartDirector" %>
                Line 6: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %>
                Line 7: <%@ Register TagPrefix="Chart" Namespace="ChartDirector" Assembly="netchartdir" %>
                I do have the Chartdirector stuff installed as MCSTemperature uses it. Any idea what's happeneing?
                Dick
                HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

mcsTemperature uses the COM version and not the .NET version of ChartDirector.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    mcsTemperature uses the COM version and not the .NET version of ChartDirector.
                    I just downloaded and installed the .NET version of Chartdirector, rebooted and still get the same error message...........
                    Dick
                    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                      I did?! Wow, I hate getting old.

You're welcome!

Steve
                      Looks like it was longer than a year ago... I am getting old too I guess.

I found the post from December 2006... Man, time seems to move much quicker with each passing year.
                      Billy

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
                        I just downloaded and installed the .NET version of Chartdirector, rebooted and still get the same error message...........
                        Hmmm... I don't have a clue. I don't recall doing anything special. I'll try and take a look at my install of ChartDirector when I get home.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
                          When I try to run this I get the following error:
                          Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'netchartdir' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 5: <%@ Import Namespace="ChartDirector" %>
                          Line 6: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %>
                          Line 7: <%@ Register TagPrefix="Chart" Namespace="ChartDirector" Assembly="netchartdir" %>
                          I do have the Chartdirector stuff installed as MCSTemperature uses it. Any idea what's happeneing?
                          RAM:

My bad! I assume when you installed ChartDirector it went into C:\Program Files\ChartDirector. You will need to copy two files (netchartdir.dll and netchartdir.xml) from the bin directory under ChartDirector to the html\bin directory under Homeseer.

Steve

Comment

Not sure anyone else is still trying, but langenet did get this all working for him. He had to do some customizing to get it to work for him, but aside from the ChartDirector DLL install (which I forgot about), it was not too bad.

Steve

Comment

Excel ...

I have been using excel for charting my temperatures for years.
                              In my cases temps are in a Mysql database, but excel could chart from a text file or an excel sheet.
                              Using the charts in excel is very powerfull, versatile and easy to manage
                              Attached Files
                              Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                                I log temps into an access database every few minutes, and I've got a ASP.NET web page that uses the ChartDirector free ASP.NET libraries. I think I've shown this before a couple of places here on the board. I really like the speed and look of the charts, but there is some code involved.

Steve
                                Hi Steve!

How do you log temps into an access database every few minutes?

Thanks,
                                Vyacheslav

Comment

Working...
                                X