Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade HS2 to HS2 Pro Instructions

Hi,

I just bought the HS2Pro upgrade and I am running if it will actually UPGRADE the system of if I have do some uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. Are their instructions somewhere. I would hate to blow her up!

TIA
    FlyRed

Whoops

I mean "I am wondering if..." Not 'running.

Comment

You need to install the HSPro update over your current install and then relicense.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Upgrade HS2 to HSPRO

What do you mean by that? When HSPRO is downloaded it all goes into a directory called HomeSeer HS2PRO. I already have a directory called HomeSeer HS2. Should I copy all of the contents of the new driectory into the old HS2 directrory?

My old HS2 is working just fine. I don't want to cause a problem by doing this, but everytime I try to download a new plugin, it goes into the old HS2 directory.
        Jack

Comment

It won't care where it lives.
          - If you were to rename the directory, then install PRO you'd run into problems with the existing configs.

- Best thing to do ( to retain your set-up) is override the install location. Actually, I don't think the Pro Updater will even ask. It will go to the existing directory.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by jfink View Post
            What do you mean by that? When HSPRO is downloaded it all goes into a directory called HomeSeer HS2PRO. I already have a directory called HomeSeer HS2. Should I copy all of the contents of the new driectory into the old HS2 directrory?

My old HS2 is working just fine. I don't want to cause a problem by doing this, but everytime I try to download a new plugin, it goes into the old HS2 directory.
            Jack
            You either need to install HomeSeer Pro over your existing directory (HomeSeer 2) or copy your files from HomeSeer 2 into the Pro directory that was created when you did a clean install. If you are going to load HomeSeer Pro into a new directory you should use the add/remove control panel applet to uninstall your older version of HomeSeer so the registry will point to the new location. I personally would move your files to the new directory after removing your older version backing up the HomeSeer 2 directory first. Here's a how to on how to move from one pc to another which is the same as installing in a new directory.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=120948

Comment

Originally posted by flyred77 View Post
              Hi,

I just bought the HS2Pro upgrade and I am running if it will actually UPGRADE the system of if I have do some uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. Are their instructions somewhere. I would hate to blow her up!

TIA
              FlyRed
              1. Download the HSPRO "updater" (roughly 4-5 mb.. pretty small file)
              2. Run the updater on your existing HS2 PC (or HomeTroller)
              3. Click through all the prompts

That's all you have to do.

Comment

Working...
              X