Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 page refresh

Hi,

I have HS2 Standard Edition 2.5.0.44 running. If I turn a device on or off, say D1 I can't turn it back on unless I refresh the webpage.

Any ideas. It's the same on windows explorer, Chrome and safari web browsers.

Joe

I'm running that same version and do not have that problem. the page does not always change but the device in question does respond to off and on.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I have used Jon's page builder and have no problem like I do with the HomeSeer generated Status page.

Anyone have any ideas.

To restate my problem I can click any on or off, but if I try to click the device to do the reverse like from On to Off I have to refresh the page to get it to respond.

It also acts the same on my iPhone and iPad.

Comment

The only time I've heard of this issue is when an antivirus software package or something similar affecting the pages.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just tried it with IE V8.0.X with:

X10, Insteon, UPB, Z-Wave (indirectly with Z-Wave) and the status indicator switched from on to off to on to off with no page refreshes.

I can do a video and record the screen if you would like to see it.

I used a W2003 box just now with Malwarebytes and AVG running on it.

I don't surf though with this PC and mostly just use it to write on this forum.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

i just tried the direct control page and it works fine. All my events work. The log sees all activity such as motion sensors, power flash triggers. Is there a hidden or ini setting for a background page refresh?

Joe

Comment

After a little more experimenting it appears to be a Google Chrome and Apple Safari problem. IE explorer works fine on the server hosting HomeSeer.

My main desktop is a iMac, laptop is a Macbook Pro and my iPhone and iPad uses Safari.

So any compatibility settings for using these browsers? I use Chrome or Safari on my Mac and they both act the same way.

Comment

I just tried the same on the same box with FF and it didn't work.

I'll give it try on the tablet (HP OS) and a linux box in the next few minutes....

It didn't work on the tablet.

If I change the page refresh to 1 second it does work; but very irritating to watch it refresh every second.

You can download the old IE for the Mac...its still around...

He's a quickie thread relating to your issues...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141519

I am curious whether you checking out HS to purchase?

You would probably have to set up some Wintel box to design your touchscreens...a Wintel VM would probably work on your mac...

I don't believe there is any real competition yet to HS in the MAC world...maybe sometime soon though eh?

Did a quickie tour in Springfield a couple of years ago...reminded me of a similiar tour in the early 60's...
                Last edited by Pete; December 7, 2011, 10:53 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is Jon's page builder works an all browsers. It does appear to do a page refresh - says sending request at bottom of page and then the page blinks like a refresh would.

Comment

So Pete, is it a HS2 problem?

Comment

Pete,

I have a registered HS2 V.044. I recently upgraded from V1.7. Been using V1.7 since 2004. The upgrade went well. Only a few things to fix. I do love the speed and now being able to take advantage of all the new code/plug ins available. Ive been doing home automation for 20 years using X10 devices - with no problems. Of course a bridge in the breaker box was necessary.

I think I will use Jon's page builder to create pages for each room. I have already did this using frontpage and have custom pages for my iPad and iPhone but Jon's page builder is very cool.

After reading http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141519 i'm now aware I am not alone. Guess building my own pages is the answer.

Comment

Welcome back Joe.

I remember running HS 1.X on an old OC's to 500Mhz legacy free machine with TTS running a while ago.

I've never used Jon's Page builder before. I use many of Jon's scripts. Never had an issue.

Home automation is addicting.

You can use HSTouch with your Ipad/Iphone also for some HSTouch pages.

Its kind of left to your imagination these days what to utilize as an interface.

I am slowly becoming used to mostly looking at the HSTouch screens then checking back with the web interface kind of stuff lately.

I guess the only advice I have is to read a bit on the forum to see what's there today. It does go back to 2004 so you can see the changes in Homeseer.

Enjoy your new version of Homeseer!

BTW - while I was typing I was editing 6 HSTouch sessions using the designer on one LCD and 6 VNC sessions on the other LCDs to watch my deployments ...just goofing around a bit tonight...
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

X10Joe, this is a function of HS2 as the code they're using for refresh is specific to IE and will not work in other browsers. When they switch away from ASP in the HS3 this should fix this.

It's a known "issue" but not a bug just stupid MS crap!

Comment

Have any of you guys tried changing the setting "Use Internet Explorer as browser:" on the General tab to see if this helps?
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I am using Jon00's page builder and really liking it.

Comment

Working...
                              X