Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues sometimes with Alexa, Siri/homekit

anyone else having this issue

sometimes when you speak to Siri to do a home kit command(I'm using home kit bride plugin) or when I ask Alexa to turn on a light it doesn't do it sometimes on first try. it says can not find that device or run that scene. But when I try again it works. its almost like I have to wake it up first which is a pain.

Is there something I can do to fix this issue? Do I have to many things going on Alexa, home kit, and now recently created a virtual philips hue bridge but these issues were happening before creating emulated philips hue bridge

I have similar issues. But for me it seems to happen for only some devices. When I say "Alexa, bathroom light off" it works 90% of the time on the first try. But when I say "Alexa, garage light on" it only works 50% of the time.

I think this is just the nature of voice recognition. Some words are more recognizable than others. I think I could use a different word or phrase such as "workbench" or "garage fluorescent" to improve the reliability, but I have not tried that yet.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X