X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Cowinger,
    '
    Changing channel works like a charm, although when having many lights connected, it can take some time.

As for the plug not coming on as because it is treated as the light. It is probably reported as dim value 254. As the device can only hold one value, that is what the plugin reports. When you removed the slider you also removed showing that status. I got confirmation today that the plug is on its way here, so I will tinker with it for sure.

Before that I will try to send the new version to HST here, which solves some other issues that need attention

Wim
    I deleted and re-scanned devices and the plug came back in with the slider again. I tried playing with the values but no change. Looking forward to new version. thanks

Comment

cowinger,

received my plug today. I also miss the updates. I now also realise why it wont. All lights report a dim value, so the plugin will respond to that. There is no light that only responds with on, so the plugin just won't act on a single on from 'lights'. The plug is responding correctly to a on or off signal, but indeed not updating the device.

Working on that, it will be there after the release 2.01.5 which is send today to HST. Might be one or two weeks before it comes available. Send me a PM if you'd like a preview beta?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

cowinger,

received my plug today. I also miss the updates. I now also realise why it wont. All lights report a dim value, so the plugin will respond to that. There is no light that only responds with on, so the plugin just won't act on a single on from 'lights'. The plug is responding correctly to a on or off signal, but indeed not updating the device.

Working on that, it will be there after the release 2.01.5 which is send today to HST. Might be one or two weeks before it comes available. Send me a PM if you'd like a preview beta?

Wim
        I sent you an email. Will be glad to test the beta. thanks

Comment

Compatibility between HomeTroller SEL & Conbee Zigbee

Hi all,
          I'm trying to configure JowiHue to work with my HomeTroller SEL and a Conbee Stick. My hope is to connect SmartThings Zigbee motion sensors through the Conbee's zigbee interface. Does Conbee/Jowihue work with Linux/HomeTroller SEL?

Comment

tsylandera,

The plugin should work on your machine. I have seen several users wit a Linux Hometroller here. I am not sure on the Smartthings Zigbee motion sensor, did not yet see users using it yet. It could be that the developers of deCONZ have to add support still. Once they have done that, the plugin will support it.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Are there any gotchas I should be aware of when running HS3/JowiHue and deCONZ on the same box? The only one that immediately comes to mind is that I'll have to move at least one of them off of port 80.

Trying to have a simple, all-on-one-box solution with HS3/JowiHue, deCONZ, a Z-Wave.ME UZB, and a ConBee.

Comment

Originally posted by gentzel View Post
                Are there any gotchas I should be aware of when running HS3/JowiHue and deCONZ on the same box? The only one that immediately comes to mind is that I'll have to move at least one of them off of port 80.

Trying to have a simple, all-on-one-box solution with HS3/JowiHue, deCONZ, a Z-Wave.ME UZB, and a ConBee.
                I have the same. If you are running on Windows:

First, remember that deconz should open first then HS3. I did this by creating a shortcut of deconz and add this shortcut on the startup folder.
                C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Then for the ports, you can get this by two ways:

1st
                Adding parameters
                Open the proprieties of the deCONZ shortcut, and for the target put exactly this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\deCONZ\bin\deCONZ.exe" --http-port=8080

2nd
                As alternative to using --http-port= the default port can be changed in the config.ini.
                On Windows it should be located in C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\dresden-elektronik\deCONZ\config.ini

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                  I have the same. If you are running on Windows:
                  Thanks for the feedback. Actually this is on Linux, but while the mechanisms differ, the basics of what needs to be addressed (move deconz to a different port and ensure startup order) are the same.

Have it working now and while I still have a lot of setup to go (just getting started with HS3), the hard parts are done. And I do really like having a single box setup with HS3, deCONZ, ConBee & Z-Wave.ME. Much nicer than configuring multiple machines and hubs/bridges. Also only a single machine to keep backups for.

You can pick up used Intel NUCs for pretty cheap on eBay. And if you're like me and have old memory and disks lying about from retired or dead notebooks, you can get the hardware going for considerably less than the cost of HS3: ~$100 for the NUC (less if you're patient; nabbed a NUC5CPYH for $68), $0 for the scavenged disk & memory, $0 for the OS (Linux), ~$30 for the Z-Wave dongle. Add $50 if you want to add a ConBee for ZigBee.

Comment

cowinger,

Normally not much to worry about to install a conbee on a windows machine. It should not be much more difficult then installing a zwave usb stick.

I will put the steps you need here in sequence:
                    1. Put the conbee usb stick in the hs3 windows machine
                    2. Let windows install the driver for the stick - it should recognise it by itself
                    3. Go to https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz/win/ and download the latest beta here (current is 2.04.86
                    4. Install the downloaded version and start deCONZ after installation
                    5. The deCONZ interface will start with an empty window where you only see a device 0x00000, the conbee itself.
                    6. In deCONZ, go to plugins and open the REST API entry. A popup window will start giving you the link to the webapp.
                    7. Click the link and in the browser the webapp will start. Logon with default user/password: delight/delight.
                    8. In the webapp, open Menu/Settings. Here you will be notified that a new firmware for the ConBee is waiting. Click install.
                    9. In the deCONZ application you will see the progress of installing the new interface
                    10. Once the firmware is installed, deCONZ will be restarted.
                    11. Register the gateway by pressing the register button on the configuration page of the plugin, immediately followed by pressing the unlock gateway button on the webapp/settings page.

From this point you can go to the plugin and register the new Conbee for the plugin. Adding new lights can be done through the configuration page, by clicking scan new devices. At the same time you can look at the deCONZ interface (not needed, but always fun ) and see the devices getiing connected. a bit later you will see devices created in Homeseer.

Wim
                    I just completed an installation of ConBee and deCONZ Win32_V2_05_55 on HS3 Pro. Here are some observed changes:

Step 7, the name defaulted to Phoscon-GW and I was prompted to set a new password. delight/delight was not an option.
                    Step 8, I had to allow it to scan for a bulb and fail before I was able to get to the menu
                    Step 11, it is no longer "unlock gateway", it is under Advanced and "Authenticate app"

My HS3 Pro is running in a VM. USB pass-thru was not a problem.

Question, does deCONZ need to be running in order for the Zigbee function, add/scan devices, etc. to operate?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by snovvman View Post

I just completed an installation of ConBee and deCONZ Win32_V2_05_55 on HS3 Pro. Here are some observed changes:

Step 7, the name defaulted to Phoscon-GW and I was prompted to set a new password. delight/delight was not an option.
                      Step 8, I had to allow it to scan for a bulb and fail before I was able to get to the menu
                      Step 11, it is no longer "unlock gateway", it is under Advanced and "Authenticate app"

My HS3 Pro is running in a VM. USB pass-thru was not a problem.

Question, does deCONZ need to be running in order for the Zigbee function, add/scan devices, etc. to operate?

Thanks.
                      This is indeed a very old post :-) Will update the current documentation of the plugin for it.

deCONZ need to be running along with the plugin as deCONZ is the software communicating directly with the ConBee.

Thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                      X