Remote Computer Network Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jon,
    I currently have one computer setup with the Network Monitor and the client installed working great. I have installed the client on a second computer and brought up the webpage Jon00RCCNM.asp and the first time it brought it up I could see all IP addresses on the network. I have tried refreshing several times, clearing the cashe of the web browser (Chrome) and refreshing again, tried a different computer, turned off Windows Defender and I still only get one IP in the list which is the first computer I set up.
    What do you suggest I try next?

If there was a network setting that is causing this issue, I assume I wouldn't be able to see everything like I did when I first brought up the web page, correct?

PS. Just tried IE browser just in case and still same result.

Edit:
    Just followed the directions in the help file to manually add the client and it has added a device in the HS3 Device page, it shows up in the list referenced above but still not everything is showing up. This is what is showing up in the HS log:
    Nov-16 5:02:43 PM Jon00_RCCNM [Device2] Cannot connect to client on port XXXXXX
    Nov-16 5:02:41 PM Device Control Device: Utility Jon00 Network Nate PC Client to Ssaver On (Execute Script) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Nov-16 5:02:30 PM Jon00_RCCNM [Device2] Cannot connect to client on port XXXXXX
    Nov-16 5:02:28 PM Device Control Device: Utility Jon00 Network Nate PC to Ssaver On (Execute Script) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Nov-16 5:02:01 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\apple-touch-icon.png
    Nov-16 5:02:01 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png
    Nov-16 5:02:01 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\apple-touch-icon-152x152.png
    Nov-16 5:02:01 PM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\apple-touch-icon-152x152-precomposed.png
    Nov-16 5:01:28 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-16 5:01:28 PM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Virtual device created for Address: Jon00-NM-N002 with Reference: 796
    Nov-16 5:01:28 PM Jon00_RCCNM Logging file Device2Network.log created
    Nov-16 5:01:27 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-16 5:01:27 PM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Virtual device created for Address: Jon00-NM-C002 with Reference: 795
    Nov-16 5:01:26 PM Jon00_RCCNM Logging file Device2Client.log created

Also, the only control button I'm able to get working is the WOL. The Shutdown, Restart, Log Off, Lock, Ssaver On, Ssaver Off & Update don't seem to be working on either computer.

Thank you for your help on this.
    Last edited by The Profit; November 16, 2017, 08:10 PM.
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

1) Have you assigned different ports to each client and have them associated correctly in the setup to the correct IP address for that PC?

2) Looking at the device management page, do you see all the devices there?
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        1) Have you assigned different ports to each client and have them associated correctly in the setup to the correct IP address for that PC?

Plugin's:

Comment

Hey Jon,
          I haven't figured out how to add the exe to the antivirus program yet but I'm still working on it....before I spend too much time, is it even possible that it could be blocking commands from the plugin?
          Thanks!
          Plugin's:

Comment

I very much doubt it is your antivirus program as that would just quarantine any infected file and prevent it running. It is more likely a firewall (which could be Windows or your security Suite supplied firewall) which is blocking the port being used.
            Jon

Comment

I very much doubt it is your antivirus program as that would just quarantine any infected file and prevent it running. It is more likely a firewall (which could be Windows or your security Suite supplied firewall) which is blocking the port being used.
              Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                Well the exe file does quit running once one of the command buttons(Shutdown, screensaver on/off etc) is pushed
                Can you elaborate on this please? If you operate the right-click menu, are you saying that certain selections cause it to crash?
                Jon

Comment

Can you elaborate on this please? If you operate the right-click menu, are you saying that certain selections cause it to crash?

Yes, either from the tray icons right-click menu or by clicking one of the action buttons in the client device from the HS Device Web view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                    Yes, either from the tray icons right-click menu or by clicking one of the action buttons in the client device from the HS Device Web view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    I don't believe I have ever seen a post about the client crashing.

Is there an Errorlog.txt file in the client directory? If so, does that provide any clues?
                    As this is compatible with HS2 version, it is compiled with .NET 2. I assume that is installed on your PC.
                    Does it crash on any selection from the menu?
                    Jon

Comment

I don't believe I have ever seen a post about the client crashing.

Is there an Errorlog.txt file in the client directory? If so, does that provide any clues?

As this is compatible with HS2 version, it is compiled with .NET 2. I assume that is installed on your PC.

Does it crash on any selection from the menu?
                      Plugin's:

Comment

WOL is independent to the client. The client cannot function when the PC is turned off or in standby......
                        Jon

Comment

Read the following to enable .NET 2 on Windows 10: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/ena...k-2-windows-8/
                          Jon

Comment

WOL is independent to the client. The client cannot function when the PC is turned off or in standby......
                            Plugin's:

Comment

Jon, I had your plugin long time ago, I had to install it because it was causing issues with the Foscam cameras. I'm installing it right now and went tru few times the documentation but I could not find my question.

1) When I run the intrusion detection, I have my speakers saying warning 192.168.... intrusion detected, how can I disable the speak part of it?

2) From your documentation " Individual network device checking" You can check an individual network device by calling the script with the device number i.e. Sub or Function: Network Parameters: 51 This would check the status of network device 51 i.e. configured under [Device51] in the ini file." Is this event time based as well, like every minute? And when it triggers how do I know the device has issues or not?

Thanks,
                              Aldo

Comment

In addition to the questions below, via the web browser, I can only find my default subnet but not the others. I can ping the others from within HS, and I added them to the network intrusion list. There is something else that I need to enable?

Thanks,
                                Aldo

Comment

Working...
                                X