Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control Hsspeaker from Homeseer

Hi All
    i would like to control hs speaker from homeseer eg..
    connect / disconnect
    start listening / stop listening
    and also control the volume.
    i have a feeling that it can be controlled by a script, now the problem
    there is i am script Stupid !.
    any help or ideas would be appericated.
    Thanks
    Paul.

Bump ,
    Paul.

Comment

Look in the HomeSeer help files here: "https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/HS3Help/default.htm

Search for "Controlling Speaker Clients"
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rupp, i have read that whole section but i don't understand it, (remember i am script stupid)
        what i am trying to achieve is an immediate script command to get the hs speaker to listen for commands, then another script command to stop listening.
        i did not see any examples to go by ?.
        i would also like to control the volume output of hs speaker on my htpc .
        any help or examples would be appreciated.
        Thanks in advance
        Paul.

Comment

Bump
          anybody....
          thanks Paul.

Comment

Please help me out here, i new to homeseer and i am not a programmer
            a little help would be nice.

StartListening
            Purpose

This function starts the voice recognition engine if it is not already started. For scripts that are to be used over the phone, use the System functions.
            Parameters

Parameter: host (optional)
            Type: string
            Description: Leaving this a null string will apply the command to the first instance HomeSeer finds, otherwise use the hostname of the computer for this command. If more than one instance of the Speaker application is running on "host" then you may need to specify the instance as well in the format host:instance.
            Returns

None.
            this makes no sense to me
            Paul.

Comment

bump.

Comment

StartListening
                Purpose

This function starts the voice recognition engine if it is not already started. For scripts that are to be used over the phone, use the System functions.
                Parameters

This is a function of the speaker dot exe program running on any Windows computer with Microsoft SAPI.

SAPI = Speech Application Program Interface. Note this has always been built in to windows. The Homeseer speaker program uses SAPI.

The SAPI functions of Homeseer have been around since the first version of Homeseer.

Best way to start here is to train the computer with the built in SAPI stuff to make sure it is working well. Today with Windows 10 Microsoft SAPI, text to speech and voice recognition is fast and works well.

Once trained you can utilize the functions of Homeseer and triggers related to speech to do automation stuff for you.

NOTE that VR (voice recognition) and speaker dot exe only runs on Windows. Today there is no smart phone ability to run speaker dot exe.

When running a windows, android or iOS touch interface / client Homeseer sends a wave file of the speech to play back.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete for taking the time to respond.
                  all i really want to do is an event with a immediate script command
                  that Starts listening then another that Stops Listening

i have tried so many different things i am more confused now than ever

hs.StartListen
                  hs.StartListening
                  &hs.StartListen
                  &nhs.StartListen

when i looked up what was online i did not see any examples
                  although hs.volume i did get to work.
                  Paul.

Comment

Bump.......

Comment

The best person to contact is Tony (tonlof) of the HS3 Tasker plugin. He must know the way to that. His plugin can do it for the Android devices from within HomeSeer!

Eman.
                      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by sirbooker View Post
                        Hi All
                        i would like to control hs speaker from homeseer eg..
                        connect / disconnect
                        start listening / stop listening
                        and also control the volume.
                        i have a feeling that it can be controlled by a script, now the problem
                        there is i am script Stupid !.
                        any help or ideas would be appericated.
                        Thanks
                        Paul.
                        From an immediate script command use:

&hs.StartListen("*:*")
                        &hs.StopListen("*:*")

This will control all speaker clients. To control individual clients, copy the text on the speaker client at the top after the Host: and use that to replace the *:* in the commands above.
                        Jon

Comment

Working...
                        X