Amazon Dash Button integration with Dasher and MQTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Dash Button integration with Dasher and MQTT

Attached is a guide to integrate the Amazon Dash Button with HS3 using Dasher and MQTT. Enjoy!

Attached Files

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
    Attached is a guide to integrate the Amazon Dash Button with HS3 using Dasher and MQTT. Enjoy!

Thanks I'll check this out. If Dasher can run any script though, couldn't I just have it call the homeseer API directly?

Comment

I suppose you could. But, since I do not have HS3 scripting skills or intend to use them - I did not evaluate calling the HS3 API directly.
      If you are able to do this successfully, please share the details. Thanks.

Comment

I started looking at this. I wanted to install Dasher on the hometroller box but I could not get it to install libpcap..it was missing gcc-5 and I couldn't figure out how to get that installed

Then I started looking to see if I could find something to run easily on a Windows machine but so far haven't found anything

Comment

This is a good writeup that covers both the use of the Amazon Dash for automation integration and MQTT setup. I do not have a dash button, but can comment on the discussion.

Dasher runs a bash script which in this example is to publish MQTT. This script could also invoke a HS3 event. An example that I use for a shutdown event in the stop_homeseer.sh file is below. Note I run HS3 on RPi from a SSD mounted via USB. In most users the script path and the event name will be different to correspond to the event that will run with Dash button press.
          Code:
          #!/bin/bash
          cd /mnt/ssd/usr/local/HomeSeer/
          exec /usr/bin/curl http://127.0.0.1/JSON?request=runevent&group=Shutdown&name=MidnightShutdown
          There are two MQTT plugins available in the updater under primary lighting section. Either one can be configured to recognize the Dash MQTT message. In the mcsMQTT case the message can either directly trigger an event or it can also be routed through a device and separately an event setup to trigger on the device change. https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192675

Comment

Working...
          X