Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just simply turning the charger on/off from HS.

It's a tablet that I want to mount on a wall, so looking at options for power. I don't want to leave the charger plugged in and on all the time, but would rather turn it on when necessary.

Comment

Let me have a think.....
      Jon

Comment

Turn Remote Monitor ON fails - Windows 8.1 Client

This is an excellent piece of software. Thanks Jon!

I primarily want to be able to turn my monitors on and off via HS3 events. I have several PC's, both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Using RCCNM I can turn all of the monitors off. And I can turn ON the Windows 7 monitors. But, it seems there may be something different with Windows 8.1. These monitors do not respond to the Mon On command.

Any advice? Has anyone else figured out how to do this?

Thanks,

JazzmanJohn

Comment

Yes, send a keystroke such as escape.
          Jon

Comment

Solved!

Thanks Jon. Very speedy reply.

It turns out, with Windows 8.1, sending the SSaverOff command does the job of turning on the monitors. This is nice because I can simply use the preset in the event structure you have provided. Quick and easy!

This now allows me to ensure all monitors are off in the evening, and then back on again first thing in the morning.

Terrific.

Thanks a bunch.

JazzmanJohn

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
              Hi Jon,

I would like to monitor the battery level of a remote Jon00RCCNM client (and control the charging of it when it drops to a certain level).

Is there anyway to do this currently with this package? Is this a feature that could be added?

Cheers,
              John
              Just simply turning the charger on/off from HS.

It's a tablet that I want to mount on a wall, so looking at options for power. I don't want to leave the charger plugged in and on all the time, but would rather turn it on when necessary.
              I would prefer to do this with a small client. I've written something which gives the following info to HS3....
              Attached Files
              Jon

Comment

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm after - looks good!

Comment

The network intrusion feature kills my voip box. I had the script set to run once a minute and within at most a few minutes after powering the device on it drops from the network. I replaced the device and every associated cable. The only things I didn't try to replace were my switch and router. As soon as I stopped running the network intrusion script both devices run fine. Any idea why this is happening? I Really like the feature, but I like having a phone more.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Do you monitor the voip box with the normal network monitoring capability?
                    Jon

Comment

Nope. Until I started using the network intrusion script I only monitored a few devices. Once using that feature I had to tell the NM that the voip box was trustworthy.

Comment

I suggest you add an exclusion IP entry for your VOIP box (and any other device you have on the network not monitored). Check the docs.
                        Jon

Comment

Yes that seems to have done it. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity though, how could this have happened? Does the script do anything more than send a ping? Does it scan ports or make any blocking attempts? I have a dialog running on the forum for the manufacturer of the device and they are saying that a ping alone shouldn't do this.

Comment

It's just a ping but I do send multiple pings out at the same time (to different IP addresses) rather than sequentially.
                            Jon

Comment

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm after - looks good!
                              Would you send me an email and I'll send you a link for something to try.
                              Jon

Comment

I'm sure I'm missing something silly but maybe someone can help me.
                                My client doesn't seem to connect and the control buttons aren't working.
                                Here are some screenshots. It should be noted that the client settings are default with client #1 and port 8001.

HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Working...
                                X