No announcement yet.

Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I am getting now, so close.

[ATTACH]31162[/ATTACH]

Then it will just repeat itself
    I have even tried adding the port number
    or as most of the computer connect is second:84
    or I also tried the way my android connects.
    But right now I am back to just the address.
    Last edited by danielbo; February 4, 2014, 02:11 PM.
    danielbo

Comment

Dan,

From your response I have no idea what you have done.

Again, please just confirm the following:

1) In SettingsHS.txt (in your client directory) you have filled in ALL 4 entries correctly as I explained in post #30

2) That you are NOT running more than one client on your system.

3) You are not running more than one client on your PC by mistake.

4) That you have NOT set up an event to run Jon00BluetoothV2.vben script

If this is all correct, you should not be getting the incorrect data message.
      Jon

Comment

I've been reading and following for awhile. Just want to say thanks for all your hard work. I've been loosely following this BT script since v1. I've previously browsed your site only briefly. Today I took the time to browser around some more. The large collection of work you've done is quite amazing and you continually go to great lengths(time and resources) to help others. You're knowledge is quite unique also - Home Automation + Electronics Hobbies + VB Programmer + Web design. You've also gone to great lengths to document and share your knowledge freely. I think everyone knows this is very time consuming. What makes it even more amazing is you do all this without the profit motive drive( knowledge, directions, support and software for free). Very, very noble of you! I will be adding BT to my system soon. I think a donation is the least I could do to say thank you but certainly not adequate. Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by attx2000 View Post
          I've been reading and following for awhile. Just want to say thanks for all your hard work. I've been loosely following this BT script since v1. I've previously browsed your site only briefly. Today I took the time to browser around some more. The large collection of work you've done is quite amazing and you continually go to great lengths(time and resources) to help others. You're knowledge is quite unique also - Home Automation + Electronics Hobbies + VB Programmer + Web design. You've also gone to great lengths to document and share your knowledge freely. I think everyone knows this is very time consuming. What makes it even more amazing is you do all this without the profit motive drive( knowledge, directions, support and software for free). Very, very noble of you! I will be adding BT to my system soon. I think a donation is the least I could do to say thank you but certainly not adequate. Thank you again.
          Thanks for the kind words...its appreciated!
          Jon

Comment

He really does a great job on any of his programs and as you said his help is always there when you need it. I would not be afraid to buy any of his program, because you know the support is going to be there and it is going to always be improving.
            That said, I did have two BT programs running at one time. I stopped my other one, but I am still getting the error. But, its working and doing great. I am unsure of what I have done wrong, because I have gone over the install about three or for times now. I am still getting the error,incorrect data. But its working. I dont know what is going on, but I do have a interference were it keeps trying to turn a device on. I wouldn't think that would have anything to get incorrect data. I had this problem before I install the program, so I know its not the program either. I just cant figure out what is causing the interference. Its a little bit different then a normal interference. This one says A9 (Master Bedroom Corner Lighthouse) A On. Normally it would say just A on or A off. But I know that is not your problem, just thought I would throw that in.
            danielbo

Comment

Dan,

FYI, you cannot run both bluetooth applications at the same time. This is because your bluetooth dongle can only be controlled by one program at a time.
              Jon

Comment

Updated version available

Apologies but I found a bug in the client that keeps resetting the internal delay times to something is should not!

I did post this on my site earlier so a few of you will have the new version. If your client on the popup states 2.0 (HS) then it needs updating. The new one will show 2.0.1 (HS).

Please also replace the script as that has a few changes too.

In the Jon00BluetoothV2.ini, I have provided a heading under [Data] called ClientList1, Clientlist2 etc.

This details which client(s) detected the BT device, together with its last detect time.

An example could be:

ClientList2=1;16,3;0

This means that Device 2 was detected by client 1 with a last detect time of 16 seconds and Client 3 with a detect time of 0 seconds.

I've included this so the more advanced scripters can use this info for location information
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Dan,

FYI, you cannot run both bluetooth applications at the same time. This is because your bluetooth dongle can only be controlled by one program at a time.
                  Thanks, I didnt think about the other one running, so I did turn it off and I am still getting the error. I had done this before I did the last posting. I just dont know what I am doing wrong, I have gone through the install. Maybe I will do the update and see what it does or doesnt do for me.
                  Thanks and I will try it again. I am trying to narrow it down to where I am getting this interference from.
                  danielbo

Comment

Any hope for a mac client since all mac's have bluetooth already?
                    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                    Way2 Call
                    Elk M1 Gold
                    UPB HAI switches
                    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                      Thanks, I didnt think about the other one running, so I did turn it off and I am still getting the error. I had done this before I did the last posting. I just dont know what I am doing wrong, I have gone through the install. Maybe I will do the update and see what it does or doesnt do for me.
                      Thanks and I will try it again. I am trying to narrow it down to where I am getting this interference from.
                      Dan,

Send me your settings.txt and settingsHS.txt and Jon00bluetoothv2.ini via email and I'll try and see what is going on.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                        Any hope for a mac client since all mac's have bluetooth already?
                        I would not even know where to start!
                        Jon

Comment

Can't Pair

Jon, I'm running window 7 on the Machine I want to use as a client (Study)-

When I right click the icon to start the pairing with my Iphone4 - I dont get a request for a passcode - what I do get is a message on the Iphone saying -

"Study" would like to pair with your Iphone
                          Confirm the the Pin code "xxxxxx" is shown on "Study"

This is the message I would expect if I was trying to pair throught the 'Add devices' in Win7...

Any suggestions what I may be doing wrong?

Comment

Yes, the 0000 is only for XP. Just continue to pair with the 5 digit code between the phone and the PC. The details are recorded by the client automatically as you initiated the pairing through it. I'll update the instructions.
                            Jon

Comment

On the Iphone it states Pairing Unsuccessful.. I have tried with both my iphones and Ipad.

Are there any settings in the Bluetooth I should check?

Comment

Forget the client now. It will have recorded the details. Just try and pair directly between the phone and PC.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X