Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    will this work to allow HS3 plugins t owork with HS2? I am hoping to test the Kinect plugin but not ready to switch my whole system to HS3 yet

cheers Ken
    Yes you should be able to mirror the Kinect zone devices in Homeseer 2. In addition the Kinect triggers can be used to fire Homeseer 3 events (as designed) which in turn can also trigger Homeseer 2 events if you want.
    Jon

Comment

First of all thanks alot for this plugin, this is what I was missing to get started with HS3.

I am having an issue syncing the values from my Everspring Humidity and Temperature sensor from HS3 to devices in HS2.
      In HS3:
      Value: 73 = "73%"
      String: (empty)

The script correctly creates the new devices on HS2 but no matter what I put under PARM3 I don't get the 73 or 73% in HS2, only the following:
      Value: (empty)
      String: (empty or broken image depending on PARM3)

I have HS2 devices displayed in HS3 and they are working great.

Mathieu

Comment

Jon,

Great idea, thanks for providing this.

But I am having a problem getting it working. The HS3 gateway starts up (I can see it running in task manager) and then immediately shuts down with no errors and nothing in the HS3 log. I am running HS2 and HS3 on the same machine. I just downloaded it again to make sure I had the newest version.

Bill

Comment

Bill:

Had a similar problem. Is it connecting with HS3? I had screwed up the IP address in the settings file and it would drop out. Actually the first version Jon had accidently hard coded the IP address, but since version 1.1. (I think) it has worked great for me.

Hope you get it working. It's a great help.
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by mathd View Post
            First of all thanks alot for this plugin, this is what I was missing to get started with HS3.

I am having an issue syncing the values from my Everspring Humidity and Temperature sensor from HS3 to devices in HS2.
            In HS3:
            Value: 73 = "73%"
            String: (empty)

The script correctly creates the new devices on HS2 but no matter what I put under PARM3 I don't get the 73 or 73% in HS2, only the following:
            Value: (empty)
            String: (empty or broken image depending on PARM3)

I have HS2 devices displayed in HS3 and they are working great.

Mathieu
            Do you get correct values from other HS3 devices?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
              Jon,

Great idea, thanks for providing this.

But I am having a problem getting it working. The HS3 gateway starts up (I can see it running in task manager) and then immediately shuts down with no errors and nothing in the HS3 log. I am running HS2 and HS3 on the same machine. I just downloaded it again to make sure I had the newest version.

Bill
              I'm not sure. Is there an errorlog in the client directory? Do you have another PC on your network to run the client as a test?
              Jon

Comment

No errorlog. I've double checked everything, even recopied the .dll's to make sure I had the correct ones. I'll try installing it on my laptop tonight and try again.

Bill

Comment

I decided to try a reboot. That fixed it. No idea why.

Bill

Comment

Jon,

I mirrored HS2-> HS3 devices but i can't control them (I certainly misunderstand something...)

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                      I decided to try a reboot. That fixed it. No idea why.

Bill
                      Great. I was struggling to see what was wrong!
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by mushkin92 View Post
                        Jon,

I mirrored HS2-> HS3 devices but i can't control them (I certainly misunderstand something...)
                        I'm not sure what you mean. If a virtual device in Homeseer 2 changes in any way, it should also change in the Homeseer 3 virtual device to reflect the change. You can then use Homeseer 3 triggers for events provided the Homeseer 2 device provides a device value or device status change.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,
                          For exemple, un hs2 a x10 device has On, Off and Dim controls. But in hs3 the controls are not present (status only)
                          Regards

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

OK so What I am trying to do with the HS2 HS3 connector is have Hs3 plugins trigger events in HS2 how vdo I go about setting this up. I am hoping to integrate the Kinect plugin and BLGdata to the mix

Please help

Cheers Ken
                            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I think Jon mentioned that hs.TriggerEvents is not working with the present version.
                              Don

Comment

Yes that is correct. The connector only makes a copy of the Homeseer 2 device in Homeseer 3 and updates it when there is a change. You then setup triggers via Homeseer 3 events on changes if you wish.

If you are trying to control X10 installed on Homeseer 2 from Homeseer 3, you will need to create your own virtual devices (in Homeseer 3) and then mirror them in Homeseer 2. You can then act on those changes via Homeseer 2 events.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X