No announcement yet.

Jon00 Links For Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would need to write a small web page to do that.
    Jon

Comment

OK. Thanks. I thought that might be the case.

Another question.

This morning when I tried to bring up the Device List I got this error:
      Error Processing ASP.NET page: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I tried the test.aspx and get the same thing. Chrome, Edge and IE are the same.

I didn't see this yesterday even after some reboots.

Last night and every night I do a restart of HS3 which may have caused this??

Anyway, the way I am doing my restarts now is to use Task Scheduler for HS3 and Startup Delayer for speaker and synergy. It worked fine yesterday and I was able to access the device list.

I just did another restart and it is doing the same thing. When I access HS3 from another machine I get the same error as well.

What might be the problem?

Comment

I'm not quite sure why you are posting the question in this forum as it is not related to the links package in any way.

There have been some issues with serving ASPX pages when running Homeseer 3 as a service using NSSM, however I don't believe that is your issue. It may be that you are not running HS3 as an administrator. Therefore please shutdown HS3 and run it normally via its dessktop shortcut. Does that make any difference?
        Jon

Comment

Yes, you are quite right...I think??

I am starting HS3 from the Task Scheduler. I did exit it and run it from the desktop shortcut and I was able to see the Device List and Test.aspx.

Now I am back at trying to see if I can run it as Administrator from Task Scheduler without having to log in. I thought I had solved this problem, but there always seems to be some sort of limitation.

Sorry to bother...

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            I don't use Edge but it works consistently here on Firefox, IE, Chrome and Opera on Win 7.

I have just tried it on Edge and IE on a Win10 PC and can reproduce the problem. Something is delaying the JavaScript hook on Win10 so the links are not loaded. To be honest, I don't know what I could do to rectify this issue.
            Along with the above issue using W10 and (now) Firefox, I have noted that if I am not on the HS machine, I cannot see the Links Editor dropdown list. I tried to remote to the ip address of the HS machine and through xxxxx.homeseer.com and noted the same problem. Is there a fix for this? Or is it an issue of my configuration?
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the editor's drop down list?

BTW, on my home network, the links work fine here on Firefox/Win10
              Jon

Comment

Yeah, I probably made that as clear as mud.... not enough coffee....

The "View" tab under the HS Web Browser creates a dropdown list and is where I put your applications. It plays hide-and-seek by alternately showing your applications or not. For example, if your applications show up in the list and I choose (say) "Whois," your apps disappear and the stock HS dropdown appears. I can browse to "Setup" (for example) and back and you applications reappear!

Not a big deal, just thought I'd note the behavior.

Of greater import is the lack of my ability to connect remotely to the HS browser and see your apps, at all....
                Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

The issue resolves around JavaScript running in time to intercept the standard Homeseer links. If it is not run in time, the standard links appear. I will take a look but I'm not particularly confident I can find a solution.

Regarding your other issue, how are you defining the URL's in the ini file for Whois etc?
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    The issue resolves around JavaScript running in time to intercept the standard Homeseer links. If it is not run in time, the standard links appear. I will take a look but I'm not particularly confident I can find a solution.

Regarding your other issue, how are you defining the URL's in the ini file for Whois etc?
                    OK, again, didn't make myself clear..... On the Homeseer machine all works well, with the exception of the above issue....

When connected to the Homeseer computer with my study computer, I never have anything other than the standard Homeseer dropdowns. I can type in 192.168.x.x:8080/[your_app.aspx] and all functions properly. Just can't see your links under "View." Do I need to duplicate configurations on the two computers?
                    Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

You should not include the IP address in the link URL, otherwise you will be limited to your network. The correct method is:

XTitle="Whois"
                      XURL="/whois.aspx"

(where X is the respective number in the ini file)

Then you will be able to access the page both locally and remotely.
                      Jon

Comment

OK, I just used "Whois" as an example of what causes the dropdown to change. Whois isn't the issue......

The issue is logging into Homeseer from another machine and never seeing your dropdowns under the view tab on the remote machine. The Homeseer machine shows the enhanced dropdowns, the remote machine does not, regardless whether I log in locally or not.
                        Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

OK, I've sent you a new test version to try (check your PM).
                          Jon

Comment

Hello Jon, has there been an update with this plugin? I am running this on a hometroller with version 3.0.0.297 (Linux) and I cannot get the links to appear. I might be having the same issue as ewkearns. Double checked everything, logs are clear and it appears to be configured properly but the menus will not appear.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                              Hello Jon, has there been an update with this plugin? I am running this on a hometroller with version 3.0.0.297 (Linux) and I cannot get the links to appear. I might be having the same issue as ewkearns. Double checked everything, logs are clear and it appears to be configured properly but the menus will not appear.
                              Recollection is that Jon got me going again, but I don't remember if we discussed this or not.... I left 12/19, for a month in FL and lost track of this completely.....
                              Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                                Which browser are you using? Try Chrome or Firefox.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X