IP / Serial Plugin for HS3 (by "drule") - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustynail View Post
    Tried disabling all other plugins - No change. As a test installed a new copy of HS3 on a different computer and installed plugin - Same result "Page is refreshing".Have tried install with example config file, the example commands show up under the correct tabs, but if you try to delete one or add a command there is no execution and "Page is refreshing" appears at top of screen.
    Tried a new install without config file - new config file was created with no entries. When I started HS3 and tried to configure plugin, there were no entries under any tab (did not expect any), tried to add a command but there was no execution and "Page is refreshing" appeared at top of screen.
    Shutdown HS3 and checked config file, it now contained 5 new IR commands. Started HS3 tried plugin configuration again, IR commands showed up under IR tab, but could not change anything and trying resulted in "Page is refreshing"
    Have NO idea where the IR commands came from. Searched hard drive for IR commands (only found them in the plugin config file. Have searched hard drive for all *ini files, could not find any conflicts.
    ok i will send you a different version to try later tonight
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Thanks, look forward to giving it a try.

Comment

Try this version
        • Stop the plugin
        • Drop this version in to your root HS3 folder (replacing the version there)
        • Start the plugin

I think a different bug was introduced when fixing the other user's issue, so this is the previous version - 0.0.0.11

This is working for me. Please confirm that it works for you also and then I will report to David to see if he can fix the other version
        Attached Files
        cheeryfool

Comment

Hello, Cherryfool

The last version 0.12 run for me, but the link to configuration page is always named "Config", same as my Teleinfo plugin,

BUT the link to configuration page is OK , i get the right page

Jean-Francois.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
            Hello, Cherryfool

The last version 0.12 run for me, but the link to configuration page is always named "Config", same as my Teleinfo plugin,

Jean-Francois.

When you go in to the serial plugin config page, do you see "Page is refreshing" at the top of each tab, like 'rustynail' was seeing?
            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by rustynail View Post
              Yes, .ini is in the config directory, and is lowercase, the example file, "drhsipplugin.ini" does show up correctly, but I can not add to it and still shows

Thanks for the reply
              I can't reproduce the problem. I've tried both IE and Chrome and have HS running on Windows & Linux. Can you send me your .ini file? Perhaps there's something in there that the plugin is messing up.

Cheers
              -David

Comment

When you go in to the serial plugin config page, do you see "Page is refreshing" at the top of each tab, like 'rustynail' was seeing?
                I 'm under Chrome and NO no "Page is refreshing"

I can modified each item in my configuration

JF
                Attached Files

Comment

I have been playing around a bit and found that some of my tables don't always line up in IE but they always seem OK in Chrome. While trying to iron them out as it were, I did see the "Page is Refreshing" message a couple of times but not always. Now that the tables are straightened in IE, I haven't seen it appear at all.

New update will be posted soon.

Cheers
                  -David

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                    Hello, Cherryfool

Jean-Francois.
                    In version 0.11 the link was to /config which conflicted with the Teleinfo plugin which also calls its page /config. In version 0.12, I changed the link to /drhsIpPlugIn_Config.

The text on the drop-down menu is just a label and it doesn't really matter what it says, or if it is the same as any other plugin. However, I'm happy to change it if you can think of a suitable alternative you'd like to see on the menu.

Cheers
                    -David

Comment

Originally posted by drule View Post
                      I can't reproduce the problem. I've tried both IE and Chrome and have HS running on Windows & Linux. Can you send me your .ini file? Perhaps there's something in there that the plugin is messing up.

Cheers
                      -David

Rolling back to Ver.11 solved problem. I have attached your original example .ini after exit from HS3 with Ver.12 and also the created .ini file by having no .ini file in configuration directory when starting HS3 with Ver.12. Both displayed correctly in the config but did not allow any change and when attempted got “Page is refreshing”
                      <O</OThanks for doing the plugin; it will allow me many possibilities in HS3. My first project is to integrate a URC total control system with HS3.
                      <O</OLet me know if any more info would be helpful.

<O</ORustynail<O</O
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rustynail; April 15, 2015, 01:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Fix for &quot;page refreshing&quot; error posted

v 0.0.0.13 posted here to fix intermittent "page is refreshsing..." error.
                        cheeryfool

Comment

I'm running Linux, and my understanding is that this plug-in doesn't work well with serial ports and Linux.

However, how about if I connected the serial port device to the network via this gizmo?

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Glob...-P966C129.aspx

Does that work well with Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                            I'm running Linux, and my understanding is that this plug-in doesn't work well with serial ports and Linux.

However, how about if I connected the serial port device to the network via this gizmo?

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Glob...-P966C129.aspx

Does that work well with Linux?
                            Mike

Yes, that will work. Both David and I have tested various Serial -> IP servers on both Windows and Linux.

Depending on your future needs you can pick up Digi CM 32 serial servers on eBay for ~$65. You do need RJ45 to serial cables for them, but they seem to be the best value, perhaps because who would ever need 32 serial ports except in a commercial situation?! You will also find 2, 4, 8, 16 port options out there (many different manufacturers), but they are commonly MORE expensive than the 32 port DIGI CM.

Cheers
                            James
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks for this plugin.

Is it possible to trigger an event via a serial port? This does not work in my setup. A tcp trigger works well with the following example.

example,

I want to control an event when the text hello receiving from comport 1.
                              Last edited by redleg; April 20, 2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I am having a very similar installation problem to what was reported earlier.

I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.163 on Windows, trying to use v 0.13 of this plugin.

I have gone through the process of installing, enabling, disabling, and removing the plugin files a few times and continue to see the same results. I have also restarted HS3 and the server a few times as well.

The problem seems to be related to the drhsIpPlugIn.ini file. (though I may be way off on this)

If I copy the sample file in the zip to "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config", I see all of the sample settings. The log show the connections trying to start. However I cannot make any changes. When I click on the green + sign, or even try to disable a setting, nothing changes on the screen. I do NOT see any "refreshing" error in my browser as was reported previously. When checking the file system, no changes to the ini file were made. The timestamp is still from January.

If I start over without a "sample" ini, a drhsIpPlugIn.ini file is created that only contains a [IrCodes] section. Though the behavior in the web client is the same. I cannot add anything.

Th client will let me change some of the settings in the "Plugin Config" tab, though they are lost on restart (and nothing is written to the ini).

I have also noticed the following error in my log:

Apr-30 10:15:39 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Config

I have not seen it before installing the plugin. It seems to come up after the plugin is first installed and I am switching around the tabs. I believe (not sure) that I have only seen it once for each time I have uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin.

I believe a user with a similar problem said that v.11 worked for them, though I don't see a link to get old versions.

I am transitioning from HS2 to HS3 and have been using this plugin on HS2 for quite a while. I am hoping I can get this working on my HS3 system so I can keep moving forward.

I also want to mention that the first time I installed, I enabled the plugin before restarting HS3 (as instructed on the download page). I don't know if there is any chance that this corrupting anything.

I am hopping I am just missing something or doing something stupid.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this, or can tell me how to get my hands on V.11 (for testing) please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X