Jon00 B B C Breaking News for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 B B C Breaking News for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

This script will poll the B B C News website for breaking news stories.

When a new breaking news story is detected, this can be announced by Homeseer via TTS.

Various options are provided including announcement period, re-announcement feature, hyperlink to the story, playing of a notification wav before the announcement and music behind the announcement.

Virtual devices are automatically created to display the latest Breaking News Story together with a history of previous entries (number shown is user defined). Each device value is toggled between 0 and 1 which can be used for triggering events etc.

As the data source is from the B B C, Breaking News stories will have a bias towards the UK.

As always, it is available from my site. Click on my banner below.

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')
    Attached Files
    Jon

Great idea, but it must be a quite news day in the UK...

Comment

It's Breaking News not Latest news! The screen grab was done a few days ago.
      Jon

Comment

Nice plugin.

Jon00 and all.

Well I must admit that I rarely watch the news here in England far to depressing in my mind so that is fine until I catch up with people and they say did you see so and so on the news. Sometimes I get to be about two weeks behind and acutely embarrassed, this for me would be great as I can just skim through the headlines and anything of interest I can investigate further.
        I will wait until I have built my new machine and give it ago and not forget to pass green backs to Jon00.

Peter

Comment

Think the content on the page may have shifted as this no longer works my end. Unless i am overlooking something simple? creates devices but no content?

Comment

You will only get content when there is breaking news. The last here was this evening.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              You will only get content when there is breaking news. The last here was this evening.
              Ahhhh I see well it's bloody snowed lol surely that's headline news again?

Comment

I assume all is working now?
                Jon

Comment

I assume all is working now?
                  You were right ;-)

Comment

This has now been checked against HS4 and working correctly.
                    Jon

Comment

Jon downloaded yesterday, it's doing nothing, created empty devices but nothing else.
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Keep waiting...there has been no breaking news since lunchtime yesterday.
                        Jon

Comment

OK thanks.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I got one earlier. Did it work for you?
                            Jon

Comment

Keep waiting...there has been no breaking news since lunchtime yesterday.
                              OK it's working, thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X