Remote Computer Network Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Computer Network Monitor

I have a Root device created, it has reference ID 442 Address JON-NM-N00A. They're supposed to have N001 addresses if you mouse over the Create Device box on the web interface. I can't figure out how to cross reference this device with what's on the web interface. there's no Mac address or IP to reference.

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    I have a Root device created, it has reference ID 442 Address JON-NM-N00A. They're supposed to have N001 addresses if you mouse over the Create Device box on the web interface. I can't figure out how to cross reference this device with what's on the web interface. there's no Mac address or IP to reference.
    The Root Device is going to be JON-NM-N00A for all of the network monitoring devices and JON-NM-C00A for the client monitoring devices. You create the individual network monitors and control devices by the web page /Jon00RCCNM.aspx. The created devices will have an IP address shown on the device, unless it has been disabled in the configuration file.

If you are hovering over the "Create Device" and seeing the tooltip and you have entered 1 in that box and submitted, you should have the network monitoring device in your Device Manager.

The network intrusion page is JON-NM-Z001.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1192861
    Last edited by randy; October 31, 2017, 09:21 AM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Comment

Ohh, Ok. Well then, I’ve attempted to create a couple of devices, but all I have to show for it is a couple of root devices. In the control box do you enter “1,2,3,4~12” in order to have the controls show up?
        Yes. It will create the control buttons on the device only if you enter the control functions you want to use.

Comment

Comment

Nothing is on 192.168.1.0/24. Years ago I had a working network on 192.168.1.0/24 and I swapped my router. I wanted to maintain my old configuration as I built out new reservations using 192.168.2.0/24. I left 192.168.1.0/24 as a guest network, but have now moved that to a completely different subnet.

Comment

Well Shucks. I still haven't managed to stumble on the instructions that create the children. I have managed to figure out what that 'x' checkbox does which is to delete entries on the aspx interface. So now, how do I get that device back into the aspx page? How do you add children? It appears that maybe a script is needed to run in order to create the children.? I have the Hometroller PC, and and another remote PC I'm trying to setup for monitoring and control. Is it a bad idea to remove the files except for the HTML images and start over in order to recover that node/line I deleted?

Comment

Well Shucks. I still haven't managed to stumble on the instructions that create the children. I have managed to figure out what that 'x' checkbox does which is to delete entries on the aspx interface. So now, how do I get that device back into the aspx page? How do you add children? It appears that maybe a script is needed to run in order to create the children.? I have the Hometroller PC, and and another remote PC I'm trying to setup for monitoring and control. Is it a bad idea to remove the files except for the HTML images and start over in order to recover that node/line I deleted?
                Not to be a smart alec but did you read the docs? The child devices are created when you enter "1" in the "Create Device" column in the row where the IP address is shown on the Jon00RCCNM.aspx webpage - then click submit. This will create a HomeSeer device like the screenshot I posted above.

You have to create a recurring event to monitor the network as shown on page 11. If you want to monitor clients another recurring event needs to be created - page 9. If you want to monitor for network intrusion you will need a recurring event as described on page 13.

The manual is in the /docs subdirectory on your HomeSeer server.

Comment

I have read the docs. I've studied them. I do put a 1 in the create device box, I put the 1, thru 11 for the control, I unclick the lock, and hit add. I get no children. But now, I've deleted one of my entries out of the aspx page, so now I need to figure out the best way to get it back. I'm guessing reinstalling some files. which files are ok to leave and not reinstall?

Comment

Let's start from the beginning. What features in this package do you want to use?
                    Jon

Comment

all of it. PC monitoring and control is the main goal to start and kill anprogram remotely. With a dabble of LAN Monitoring, Intrusion, and web page monitoring.

Comment

Have you created the two recurring events as mentioned by Randy (Page 9 & 11 in the docs)? This is essential to create any virtual devices.

On the setup page, have you:

selected the IP Address of the PC's you want to control by pressing submit against that line? If you have, it will have a device number allocated on the far left column.

entered 1 under the Create Device heading for both Network and Client and then pressing submit?

If this is correctly setup, virtual devices will be created. Check the log for additional info.
                        Jon

Comment

The "X" on the far right, I hit that and deleted one of my PCs off of the web interface page. I need to get that back into the interface page.
                          I haven't setup and scripts as of yet, as I thought I should have children created for control and monitoring. I should have my PC show up in device mgmt prior to building scripts right?

Comment

No! The recurring events/scripts are used to create the devices! You must set this up first.

As for your deleted PC, it should be in the list somewhere on the setup page (press the refresh button at the top if necessary). You just need to add it again by selecting its submit button.
                            Jon

Comment

Well I had already reinstalled everythng prior to your response. I did build some scripts, and do have clients now. I can't seem to properly add my denon. It seems to be doing what was originally happening. When I hit the add button for the denon on the aspx page, a new file is created in my downloads folder.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X